Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

COE bishops call for 50,000 more refugees

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12180
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

COE bishops call for 50,000 more refugees

Post by papa_umau on Mon 19 Oct 2015, 11:43 am

Church of England bishops demand Britain takes 50,000 more Syrian refugees over five years and blasts government for its 'inadequate' response

C of E releases letter, signed by 84 bishops, sent to Cameron in September urges 'substantial response to the scale of human suffering we see daily.'

Read the full story from The online Daily Mail HERE

I don't usually agree with religious heads trying to influence political policy, but on this occasion I think they are right to turn the screws on Cameron.

Very soon as the winter strikes the areas of this sorry trek and people start to die by the roadside as more and more fences go up, this is going to develop into the worst humanitarian crisis ever seen.

Do you agree, or not ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: COE bishops call for 50,000 more refugees

Post by zathrus on Thu 22 Oct 2015, 11:47 am

As I see it these "holier than thou" Bishops do not have to pay for the upkeep of so many refugees as if they did they might not be so keen on recommending such high numbers to be allowed into the country.

I was reading an article just a few days ago about what is called "MOLs", or Multiple Occupancy Lets, where private landlords rip off the poorest of our society and a large number of the Eastern European immigrants by allowing large numbers of these people to stay in low-quality accommodation three of four to a room.

This is not even the extra people that the Bishops want us to allow in as if we did this already-bad problem would just get worse.

As there was 27,550 homeless applications made already this year. ( numbers from government stats ),I think we are going to have to sort out these numbers before accepting any more into the country.

Surely that is the sensible way to look at it ?
    Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Bishops

Post by Nuthin fancy on Thu 22 Oct 2015, 11:58 am

Hi All,

Well at the expense of being lambasted the so called 'church' are the last people to shall we say 'preach' on this.

As an organisation preaching called 'morals' a lot of the practitioners of priestcraft are nothing more than two faced. Actions speak louder than words, so why don't you open up YOUR church halls and empty buildings and your church kitchens to house these (often) economic migrants ??.

How many Bishops have opened up their homes then ??...On a pesonal level I would weed out the economic migrants ( the vast majority ) and send em straight back where they came from !!.

Each of these so called 'migrants' is costing the average British familt some 24,000 PER YEAR in costs ( taxes etc ). The EU and Frau Merkel can go and stuff themselves. Its THIS issue which is going to decide the IN/OUT VOTE and they are too blind, or is that vain, to see it !!!!

Technician
    zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 22 Oct 2015, 12:06 pm

I am with you all the way on that one Technician.

As I see it, and I know that this is a bit of a cliche, but "charity should begin at home".
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12180
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Fri 23 Oct 2015, 11:30 am

That's a very simplistic statement Zath' !

I mean, what civilised country would be unable to find the money to help destitute individuals across the world on top of our own spending ?

Every modern and decent country across the world has a fund laid aside to pay for third world aid, and just because they either don't care or are just too poor to help their own does not mean that we should not use some of our riches to help in as many ways as possible.

While I agree that it is easy for the Bishops to call for 50,000 refugees to be taken in here, I do not see them being willing to help to pay for that job.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 18 Aug 2017, 3:24 pm