Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Closed shops alive and well in London

Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 251
    Registration date : 2015-05-09

Closed shops alive and well in London

Post by Gandhi on Sat 22 Aug 2015, 9:18 am

Hopefully with their business experience and absence of a viable opposition the Conservatives will take on the RMT unions over the tube strikes in london.

With jobs as tube drivers commanding over 50k a year being allocated by the unions no wonder the ticket prices are so high. I'll bet the clockwork orange drivers arent on the same rates.

Time the unions were put out of business once and for all

Gandhi
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12192
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Closed shops alive and well in London

Post by papa_umau on Sat 22 Aug 2015, 12:43 pm

It would appear that you have never actually been a worker Gandhi as if you had been you would know that every trade and working group of people need unions to protect their interests.

Without them Britain would very quickly go back to the days of the "dark, satanic, mills".

At one time our unions were controlled by Communist regimes but nowadays the Communists can be counted on one hand.

The Labour party was formed up to give the workers of Britain a voice in politics and when Jeremy Corbyngets elected as the new leader we are going to see this great movement go right back to it's roots and once again become the voice of the people, without Communism rearing it's ugly head.

Papa......

Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Gandhi on Sun 23 Aug 2015, 9:48 am

You mean that because i dont afree with your views I am an evil tory? I have been working class all my life and am not ashamed of it. I just appreciate that you have to move with the times too and unions dont always represent the long term interests of the worker.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 23 Aug 2015, 1:43 pm

Like any troll on the internet you speak in order to create anger and while you are doing that you are not going to be seen to stand up for anything.

I would love to hear about what YOU stand FOR instead of what you stand against all of the time.

Making such a stand and telling people what you believe in will make you much more effective and acceptable in any democratic situation.

Without that quality you will be destined to stay as a destroyer rather than a creator.

Sorry if that sounds a bit personal but my experience of trolls has shown me that it is only on the "personal" level that such people usually work.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sun 23 Aug 2015, 2:14 pm

As I see it a "closed shop" is a place of employment where one is forced to be a member of a union.

Maggie Thatcher changed all of this on her attack on the unions in her hay-days.

Now membership of a union is voluntary but anyone who is not a member cannot expect the union to support them in any industrial problems.

For a person who considers himself to be from the working classes he definitely sounds like a middle-class Tory.

Go on Gandhi.... admit it, you are just an anarchist.
    Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Gandhi on Mon 24 Aug 2015, 11:08 am

Funny - paps always says that about me. You are not one and the same person are you?

As to the RMT - try getting a job as a tube driver on LU. It is still a closed shop. There have been numerous articles in the media about it.

G
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 24 Aug 2015, 11:44 am

Anybody reading your stuff would see that you don't really stand for anything and that is why you get the indictment of being an anarchist.

All trolls attack from behind the anarchist wall as they know that they cannot be questioned on how they stand on anything important.

Oh and finally:

From Wikipedia:

"Closed shops have been illegal in the UK since 92, so joining a union is optional. Not only that but there are often more than one union in a workplace; for example a broad union like Unite or Unison and one that's more industry specific, further splits the workforce.

Papa......

Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Gandhi on Sun 30 Aug 2015, 9:27 am

If selection policy for certain jobs is by the union then to gat that job you have to be in the union ergo it is a closed shop in all but name.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 30 Aug 2015, 12:56 pm

THIS, my friend, is up to the employer and has nothing whatsoever to do with the union or unions that are present in any workplace.

If you know anything about being an employer you will know that almost all employers accept applications for work that are outwith any union membership. In fact, these employers love the idea that a new worker is not a supporter of unions.

Since it was outlawed no person is now forced to join a union to get a job.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:28 am