Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Plot to oust Jeremy Corbyn immediately.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Plot to oust Jeremy Corbyn immediately.

Post by papa_umau on Mon 27 Jul 2015, 12:33 pm

Labour leadership election: 'plot to oust Corbyn immediately

Corbyn's enemies say election is being 'hijacked' by Communists and hardline Lefties and want it called off.

"Jeremy Corbyn will never be allowed to lead Labour into the 2020 general election, even if he wins the leadership election on September 12".

Senior Labour MPs are already plotting to oust the left-winger, the Daily Telegraph claims. Indeed, it could happen within days, and a new leader anointed at the party conference in Brighton at the end of September.

Under party rules, Labour only needs 47 MPs to put forward an alternative candidate. Who that candidate might be is not clear: presumably neither Andy Burnham, Yvette Cooper, nor Liz Kendall, all of whom would be proven losers if the 66-year-old MP for Islington North were to beat them.

Get the full story from The Week HERE

Am I going crazy or does this sound as if these "Senior Labour MPs" are going to try to circumvent the rules of democracy by this awful act ?

Before they try this they are going to have to get some hard evidence to back their claims.

I think that this move is outrageous and an attack on democracy.

Don't you ?

Last edited by papa_umau on Sun 16 Aug 2015, 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2685
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Plot to oust Jeremy Corbyn immediately.

Post by zathrus on Thu 30 Jul 2015, 11:48 am

Yes, Corbyn's bid for the Labour leadership has been recently bolstered by the two biggest British trade unions giving him public support.

Maybe that is why the New-Labour-type candidates are running scared.

I wish him well, as if nothing else the election of this left-winger will stir up the party and force them to have a really good look at themselves.
    Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Labour leadership

Post by Nuthin fancy on Fri 31 Jul 2015, 9:40 am

Hi all,

Labour are only like any other party or organisation, there will always be 'in fighting' , its human nature. On a personal note there is much to praise in many Labour policies ( The NHS is probaably their proudest in my eyes ). However, I am VERY concerned about the economy, and I simply do not trust them with that. Unfortunately the economy is the bedrock to any country (look at Greece).

The Blairites are, along with the official 'party line' are hell bent upon keeping us in the EU ( the ultimate aim of this is increasing federalisation, loss of border controls, loss of democracy and ultimate adoption of the toxic Euro ).

I think Corbyn is happy with all of this, and follows the same economic fantasy politics as the SNP ( perhaps he should go and live north of the border ). One thing I am sure about, a great many people in the UK DO NOT WANT THIS. If the Labout party want to remin in the wilderness for years to come then by all means vote for Corbyn.

The left wing 'lean' will be loved by the militant unions and hated by rational thinking people. Corbins economic fantasy politics has been thought out on the back of a fag packet. As I said before, I don't expect much from the likes of 'call me Dave' and his palls, but I do think they have a better handle on the economy.

Vote for Corbin and you will have the Tory's in for years !!

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 31 Jul 2015, 12:44 pm

I do not think that all union members who may be affiliated to the Labour movement and who lean to the left are "militants" as the old reactionaries and Communists in the unions are now reduced to a bare minimum.

While I say this is I do agree that being solidly left-wing without being extremist is the way of a brand new Labour party for the future.

I think we are going to see a hybrid party in the future that IS sharp on economics and the national debt but which is a party that the country can begin to trust again.

Only in this form will the workers from the management down to the ground floor once again wish to vote Labour.

It will take a long time for the Party to change root and branch into this type of an entity and I do not think that even the five years in the wilderness will be long enough to bring back TRUE Labour for the people of Britain.

Papa......

Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 251
    Registration date : 2015-05-09

Post by Gandhi on Sun 16 Aug 2015, 10:00 am

It is just the Daily Telegraph crapping themselves that he might win
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 16 Aug 2015, 12:11 pm

And strangely the Tories are quite happy if he wins, as they think he will tear the Labour party apart.

He is quite an elderly guy now and if he does win I hope he has the reserves he will need to take on the rightist New-Labour members of the party.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 18 Dec 2017, 2:36 pm