Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Can it get ANY worse ?

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11937
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Can it get ANY worse ?

Post by papa_umau on Mon 22 Jun 2015, 12:49 pm

Heartless benefits ghouls axed David's payments for missing Jobcentre appointment as he fought for his life after cardiac arrest

A HEART attack victim had his benefits axed just days after having emergency surgery to save his life.

David Duncan’s jobseeker’s allowance was stopped last week when he was unable to make a Jobcentre appointment.

He spoke out about his ordeal on the day the Tories made it clear that things are only going to get worse for benefits claimants.

Brushing aside the concerns of tens of thousands of protesters who took to the streets of London and Glasgow on Saturday to demand an end to the UK Government’s austerity programme, Chancellor George Osborne and Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith vowed to push ahead with plans to slash the welfare bill by another £12billion.

David, of Dunfermline, has been looking for work since he was made redundant from his job in a bank just more than a year ago.

Are we surprised about this. ? As certainly am not.

I find it cruel and nasty when they plan to cut ANOTHER £12 billion off the welfare bill after they have already cut it to the bone.

How can they keep attacking the poor and the sick when they plan to spend £7.1 billion on repairing the Westminster buildings and another up to £100billion to replace the ageing Polaris/Vanguard subs with Trident two subs ( around four of them ).

I certainly did not vote for the Tories but I hope the ones that did are now feeling ashamed of themselves.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Re: Can it get ANY worse ?

Post by Nuthin fancy on Mon 22 Jun 2015, 10:36 pm

Hi all,

I agree with all of that Paps, some right s***t tricks..BUT.what is the answer ?. Financial 'noddy land' ie Labour and the SNP ???. The policies and politics of the Lib Dems ( dead party walking ), or a radical re think, ie a communist manifesto, which has clearly not worked in the USSR.

Can't spend what you do not have..simple common sense. Likewise the only way to change it is to vote them out. Like it or not, this country voted them IN !! ( I think that is called democracy, something you will not have in the financial la la world of the EU )

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:45 am

Nuthin fancy wrote:Hi all,

I agree with all of that Paps, some right s***t tricks..BUT.what is the answer ?. Financial 'noddy land' ie Labour and the SNP ???. The policies and politics of the Lib Dems ( dead party walking ), or a radical re think, ie a communist manifesto, which has clearly not worked in the USSR.

Can't spend what you do not have..simple common sense. Likewise the only way to change it is to  vote them out. Like it or not, this country voted them IN !! ( I think that is called democracy, something you will not have in the financial la la world of the EU )

Technician

That is a very poignant question, as voting for any political party can be a minefield, as it is the individuals in that party that do the damage.

When we vote for a party we are voting for a level of society where the Tories are the top level, the Liberal Democrats are something similar, and the Labourites are suppose to be serving the working classes.

This has changed and now they are all much of a muchness. It is the centre ground that they are all trying to appeal to now as that is where the main block of votes are to be found.

One thing that I will take up with you, and that was when you said "this country voted them IN !!" when in fact it was mostly the English and Northern Irish votes that did that.

Scotland chucked the the Tories out on their ear and have done so for many years. It used to be the Labour votes that did it, but now it was the SNP votes that did that job.

Because Labour lost it's way and became an ersatze Tory party and because they threw in with the Tories and the Lib-Dems in the "Better Together" campaign, Scotland has thrown them out too.

Last edited by papa_umau on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Post by Nuthin fancy on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:47 am

Hi All,

Yes Paps got to agree!! Scotland did NOT vote them in!!!!
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:56 am

Maybe in the next five years the English elctorate will find them out and by the time of the next election everybody may agree that they truly are the "nasty" party.

I would like to see the UKIP party taking over from the Tory party - in England - at the next election as even if many of them are right of centre they also are basically from the working classes too.

Maybe we are going to see a "sea-change" in British politics, but we have a long wait to see that.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2488
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 11:56 am

I am sure that Technician might be happy about that idea Paps.

Having said that, I am now expecting the Labour party to repair it'self root and branch so that once again the electorate will trust them enough to act for the people that they are SUPPOSED to act for.

The Labour party has now got another five years to fix it'self, and that is going to be one heluva uphill struggle.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 12:44 pm

It certainly is Zathrus.

To get back the lost votes in Scotland the party needs to go right back to it's roots and present itself as the party for the workers once again.

It may be slightly different in England, Ireland and Wales, as most of the electorate in these countries comes from the middle-ground that Blair appealed to with the use of his "New-Labour".

There will be a large number of left-wing supporters in the countries outside Scotland, but I think that they are mostly left of centre rather than being truly left-wing.

Something radical certainly needs to be done if the Labour party is going to get back to being the party of the people.

This way take more than the time allotted before the next election.

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1169
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Tue 14 Jul 2015, 3:20 pm

If Labour can take itself back to its core values, stripping away all the quasi-Tory rubbish, and put the people first, as they used to, they may have a chance of regaining my vote. Ukip will Never get my vote.

Although not totally in line with my ideals, the Greens come closest.

Whatever happens, first we need to get our Electoral System revised. Proportional Representation would be best, but Other systems are available, to paraphrase a current saying!
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 15 Jul 2015, 11:04 am

At the moment I believe that many voters who used to vote Labour are spread across many of the smaller parties as they try to find some true left-wing actions.

You mentioned the Greens, and in my case the decision was easy with the SNP, as both of these parties are closer to the people than Labour are at the moment.

There needs to be a sea-change in party policies if the Labour will get back their core voters, but this will be a big job and will take a lot of time.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 24 Jun 2017, 1:16 pm