Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Jeffery Spector death at Dignitas.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12196
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Jeffery Spector death at Dignitas.

Post by papa_umau on Wed 27 May 2015, 11:07 am

Nearly 300 Britons have travelled to Zurich to die with the help of the Swiss suicide group Dignitas.

Most have done so without any publicity. But cases like that of Jeffrey Spector, a 54-year-old father of three who had an inoperable tumour on his spine, has  reignited the debate about whether assisted dying should be legalised in Britain.

In a latest poll, more than 85 per-cent of the British population has supported the Assisted Dying Bill,  but with the Bill stalled in Westminster because it ran out of time before it could be voted on, it now needs to be raised again. I am sure it will be.

Adversely, in the Scottish Parliament a free, ( conscience ), vote on the subject is about to get underway. ( I do hope that the religious lobby are not allowed to influence this one ).

Watch this space.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Jeffery Spector death at Dignitas.

Post by zathrus on Fri 29 May 2015, 11:54 am

You will probably have noticed Paps, that the bill failed again in Scotland.

It looks as if the politicos are either religious victims or they do not give a damn about the wishes of the mass of their constituents.

I am sure that this bill will eventually pass once the political types waken up and realise that it might be them next that has to pay for a trip to Dignitas in order to relieve the pain that they are suffering under before they die.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 30 May 2015, 1:17 pm

Yes Zathrus, sadly, I did notice this.

I doubt these people who are voting against the right to die in peace and dignity are not thinking about what they and their relatives and loves ones will go through when their time comes.

I guess this is just head-in-the-sand politics for them.

I too have no doubt the eventually this Bill will become law once we can get it through the heads of the unthinking and cruel ones out there.

We, ( The members of the World Federation of Right To Die Societies ) are not going to let go of this one until it is granted right across the world.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sun 31 May 2015, 1:21 pm

I did not even know that that organisation existed Papa.

I too agree that once the right-to-die-in-dignity lobby start to influence many more countries in this direction we are going to find that the grip the religions have on this subject may soon be broken.

The fact that Switzerland and a few other states can do it legally and because many of our citizens have to expensively go to these place to get the solution to their pain, it seems ridiculous to me that we cannot be as modern and reasonable too.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 01 Jun 2015, 12:12 pm

It's what the people want and this want cannot be denied forever.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:50 am