Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Talk about dying.............

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2527
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Talk about dying.............

Post by zathrus on Thu 14 May 2015, 12:31 pm

From NHS Thurrock Health:

NHS Thurrock Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) wants everyone to start talking about dying! Not a statement you would expect from the local NHS, but as part of Dying Matters Week (between 18 -24 May), the CCG is supporting two local initiatives to help ensure that we can all get the care and support we want, where we want it, at the end of our lives.

I found this while surfing around and I thought it was interesting.

Find NHS Thurrock Health here: http://www.yourthurrock.com/Time-talk-dying-say-Thurrock-health-bosses/story-26501627-detail/story.html

I know that this subject is not an easy one to enter into as few of us want to ever consider our mortality.

That said, I think that it is not a bad thing to do once we have committed ourselves to think about this subject.

Anybody ?

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12115
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Talk about dying.............

Post by papa_umau on Fri 15 May 2015, 12:33 pm

This is a subject after my own heart Zath'.

As a member of the Voluntary Euthanasia Society of Scotland and Exit I have always supported the right to die principle.

The only thing I see wrong with that posting is that the Thurrock Health group are a group local to the Thurrock Council at New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL.

I would have liked to see this idea being made a national one.

Here are two that I found after a search:

Dying matters.org

And....

The Hardwick Clinical Commissioning Group

It takes courage and some insight to talk about such matters but so far there is no centrally-organised government site connected with this that I could find.

Anybody ?

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2406
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 16 May 2015, 1:52 pm

That subject is a very scary one guys.

When people are relatively young, like me, it is hard to even consider heavy subjects like that.

I suppose that eventually I am going to have to consider it, but in the meantime all I worry about is if I am going to be able to get a foreign holiday this year or not.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12115
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 17 May 2015, 1:37 pm

The young should not be burdened by such subjects too early, but it is a good thing to do to voluntarily consider our own mortality when we can manage it.

As I see it the churches have interfered with this development for far too long and it is now past time that these subjects were looked at in the full light of day so that we are also not burdened by religious teachings that we might not subscribe to.

All such votes made by the people who legislate for us should be made under personal conscience and should also not be influenced by party-politics or by religions that have no right having any influence on such votes.

Anybody ?

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 28 Jul 2017, 6:04 pm