Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Morrisons most at risk.

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Morrisons most at risk.

Post by zathrus on Thu 14 May 2015, 12:09 pm

According to the consumer website The Grocer, Morrisons supermarket is the one most at risk from the discounters like Lidl and Aldi.

Read about this here: http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/channels/supermarkets/

What is your opinion on this report ?
    Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Re: Morrisons most at risk.

Post by Nuthin fancy on Thu 14 May 2015, 3:56 pm

Yes Zath, I am not surprised, and I don't care!. they have been ripping us off for ages. Its about time the discounters gave these arrogant big boys a bloody nose.( Having said that Aldi and Lidl are pretty big !! )

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12192
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Fri 15 May 2015, 11:54 am

Well spotted Technician.

It is true that while most of the original "biggies" are shrinking, the likes of Aldi and Lidl are opening new stores all over the place and growing at an eye-watering speed.

I just hope that once they do get as as big as the "big six" they remember how they got there and keep on leading the way in value-for-money.

They can be sure that people like the ones at ROB will be watching.Twisted Evil

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 16 May 2015, 1:02 pm

Also, if these German discounters get too big for their boots we will see the people they have won from the other supermarkets going back to where they once were.

I cannot see these smart Germans allowing this to happen.
    zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 21 May 2015, 12:20 pm

Nuthin fancy wrote:Yes Zath, I am not surprised, and I don't care!. they have been ripping us off for ages. Its about time the discounters gave these arrogant big boys a bloody nose.( Having said that Aldi and Lidl are pretty big !! )

Technician

Hi Technician.

I think you are already getting your wish as Aldi and Lidl are being blamed for bringing in the true competition that is frightening the living daylights out of the previously rip-off big supermarkets.

I don't really care if Aldi and Lidl get as big as the others so long as they keep the price pressure where it is.

We just don't have enough true competition between companies that choose to cartel before even attemepting to compete.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 22 May 2015, 12:02 pm

Angie baby wrote:Also, if these German discounters get too big for their boots we will see the people they have won from the other supermarkets going back to where they once were.

I cannot see these smart Germans allowing this to happen.

Yes my dear, and they are "smart" enough to know that the people who came to them because they could get a better deal there can just as easily vote with their feet again by going in the opposite direction.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Morrisons

Post by Nuthin fancy on Fri 22 May 2015, 2:46 pm

Hi all,

Well big business has a bottom line of making as much money as possible. I think the German discounters ( and they are all over mainland Europe ) will be sensible enough to realise they need to keep prices keen. What always makes me laugh is the big bosses say we are taking on these low cost supermarkets. Morrisons has a 'price match' card which tells customers they can shop as cheaply as Aldi.

Total crap. Anyone with an ounce of sesne can do the comparisons for the same basket of shopping. The message is simple to the big boys...Cut your prices to match Aldi and Lidl and you might get some customers back.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 23 May 2015, 12:17 pm

Yes, and even if Morrisons are the only major supermarket that has made that promise, it is a fraud as firstly it is much too hard to make like for like comparisons - and get them accurate - and secondly the punters know this very well.

This so-called loyalty and price-match card of Morrisons is just as much a waste of time as the cards that the other supermarkets issue.

We all know that neither Aldi nor Lidl use these nasty bits of plastic.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:27 am