Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Electorate "left in the dark" say IFS

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2610
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Electorate "left in the dark" say IFS

Post by zathrus on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 12:02 pm

Four of the major parties have not provided "anything like full details" on plans to cut the deficit, the Institute for Fiscal Studies has said.

The think-tank said "broad outlines" of the choice on offer were on show, but the electorate had been left "somewhere in the dark" over cuts planned by the Tories, Labour, Lib Dems and SNP.

The report came as the Conservatives said a Labour-SNP government would be "deeply unstable" and Labour said the Tories were planning "the biggest cuts anywhere in the developed world".

It's like this: Who trusts anything that is said by outgoing politicos ?

I certainly don't.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Re: Electorate "left in the dark" say IFS

Post by Parliament.... on Fri 24 Apr 2015, 10:31 am

zathrus, this is a fleeting visit to this site for me, where your posting caught my eye.

The right wing Tory's are ideologically opposed to the welfare State, and the NHS, so since the general election of 2010, Cameron and Osborne have been using the deficit as a cover to cut welfare to the bone, and privatise the NHS. That's it in a nutshell. And believe it or not, this all started with Thatcher in the 80's over 30 years ago when she began to roll back the State in favour of privatisation, Cameron and Osborne have been finishing off what she started.

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12447
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Fri 24 Apr 2015, 11:55 am

What has that old cliche of yours got to do with the question of none of the parties giving enough information to the electorate on how they are individually going to tackle the deficit ?

Ivanhoe....Please read the PM that I have sent you as you may find what is in it interesting.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Fri 24 Apr 2015, 8:26 pm

Papa, The Tory's since Thatcher have been rolling back the State and everything attached to it for over 30 years since Thatcher, and you call this a cliche of mine ?????.

Im afraid I find your postings to me, as interesting as you find my postings on your site.

I wont be back.

Ivanhoe.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 25 Apr 2015, 12:01 pm

Even if you couched that slogan of yours in different words it would not sound so cliche'd.

The "rolling back of the state" looks as if it comes from a little book where you have all of these slogans written down.

NOW... why don't you read the PM I sent you and maybe that will give you some ideas about writing something new here ?

Oh and, "Tories" in that context is not spelled "Tory's"

The only way that would be right is when you might say that something belongs to a Tory, or is a........"Tory's"

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2501
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 25 Apr 2015, 12:39 pm

Why do you two always seem to be at each other's throats ?

If you are both left-wingers, you should have much more to write about that you both agree on.

Just a thought !

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 25 Apr 2015, 4:30 pm

Angie baby, over the few years ive gotten to know Papa, Ive told him to his face care of his own site that ive found him to be rather arrogant and petty, and I really cant be bothered with people like this.

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 26 Apr 2015, 12:18 pm

"Arrogant", maybe, but not without reason in my writings.

If you could actually read what is written instead of going off on a lecturing tangent every time you speak then maybe you/we could get into some decent debate.

As Angie says, it should be easy for us to agree on what we believe in and what we write as we are both coming from the left. BUT.... as you do not listen because you are too caught up in your sloganeering, two-way discussion for you does not exist.

Have you read what was in the PM I sent you yet ?, as if you have you should then have something to talk about in this "politics" forum.

There has never been such a historic election as this one is and yet all you can do is quote epithets from your little black book instead of discussing what matters.

No wonder you have been banned from every discussion group you have ever been part of, as people will only put up with being lectured to in small amounts.

NOW, if you won't talk to me can you get back to the subject in Zathrus's threadstart please.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 26 Apr 2015, 12:46 pm

Papa, what "matters" is that since Thatcher we have been losing the role of the State and everything attached to it. This is what matters. I dont have a little black book. I just like getting to the crux of things. Hense privatisation of the NHS, cuts in welfare, cuts in public service jobs over to the private sector. Since Thatcher there has been an ideological agenda to reduce the State, and this is been continuing under this coalition, under cover of reducing the deficit.

P.S. There can be no excuse for your arrogance, its just being petty.

But you are right about this general election being historic. If Ed Milliband doesnt walk into number 10 next month with the backing of 60 million people, we could well end up with another right wing coalition, and Cameron laughing all the way to the bank..

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 26 Apr 2015, 1:10 pm

Whenever I see words from you like: "Thatcher", "losing the role of the state", "privatisation of the NHS", "cuts in welfare", "cuts in the public service jobs", "since Thatcher", "Ideological agenda to reduce the state", "under the cover of reducing the deficit", ( as if there is no deficit ).

Then my eyes just glaze over. Sleep

Namecalling is also "petty".

Then.... at last you talk about something current via the use of your last paragraph.

( "But you are right about this general election being historic. If Ed Milliband doesnt walk into number 10 next month with the backing of 60 million people, we could well end up with another right wing coalition, and Cameron laughing all the way to the bank." ).

I might not agree with all of that, but I would be happy and willing to discuss it with you.

Why the hell do you not do that all of the time instead of submitting us to just another dogmatic lecture ?

NOW....... I ask again: What do you think of Zathrus's threadstart subject ?

If you cannot comment on or discuss the threadstart topic, then, I might as well just lock the thread.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Mon 27 Apr 2015, 12:48 pm

""Whenever I see words from you like: "Thatcher", "losing the role of the state", "privatisation of the NHS", "cuts in welfare", "cuts in the public service jobs", "since Thatcher", "Ideological agenda to reduce the state", "under the cover of reducing the deficit", ( as if there is no deficit )."""

And whenever I read such responses from you as above, it makes me ponder if you know what the Tory right wing are truly all about ????.

Under capitalism there will always be deficits ect, but Cameron has been continuing what Thatcher, yes Thatcher started in the 1980's, and he is using the deficit as a cover to achieve their ideological agenda.

I want to know how much you know about what the right wing of the Tory party are all about. ?

Ivanhoe

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 28 Apr 2015, 11:41 am

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we all know about these points because you have told us about them hundreds of times.

I in fact think it is a bit of an insult to the intelligence of the readers of ROB and anywhere else for you to choose to lecture the people who read your stuff.

Much of this stuff is information that the the great majority of people already know about.

Stop preaching and start discussing and you will get many more positive responses.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Tue 28 Apr 2015, 3:54 pm

""Much of this stuff is information that the the great majority of people already know about""

The great majority of British people know squat about politics, thanks to the Murdoch press, and an acceptance culture in this country, with subservient attitudes, and an unwillingness to learn among the majority of British people.

What's to discuss ?, the harm has already been done.

I'm sorry that we dont see eye to eye, but it all went down hill fast, I just wont tolerate being patronized and insulted.

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:21 am

As usual, you denigrate the veracity and education of "most" of the electorate.

If you ever try to campaign for a seat in parliament you better be sure that the electorate do not find out what you think of them.

Just try to read a few political pieces across the internet and you will find that there is PLENTY to discuss for those that can pay attention to other opinions.

Sorry Ivanhoe, but you are just not a listener.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2610
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Fri 01 May 2015, 12:43 pm

AND....

What about the subject of my thread-start ?

I know that topics can wear off after a while, but it is not good when a topic just becomes a reason for people to slag each-other off with.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 02 May 2015, 12:08 pm

Dead right Zathrus. Sorry, as I was instrumental in giving Ivanhoe reason to keep rambling on about his closed way of thinking.

Back to the topic eh ?

It appears that a number of journalists have brought this fact to the attention of the public.

What I believe is happening here is that the politicos are trying very hard to keep the discussion empty of facts because facts can be questioned at a later date.

They are just being "politicians" I suppose.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 19 Oct 2017, 10:19 am