Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Support for suicide bill.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Support for suicide bill.

Post by papa_umau on Tue 03 Feb 2015, 12:04 pm

A poll made by the "My Life, My Death, My choice" group has found that almost four fifths of Scots think that proposals on assisted suicide should become law.

This group, set up in support of the Assisted Suicide, ( Scotland ), Bill found seventy-eight percent of those questioned said it was of high importance that this legislation was passed by the Scottish Parliament.

If approved at Holyrood the Bill would allow those with terminal or life-shortening illnesses to obtain help in ending their suffering.

I know that this site is not just a Scottish one, but that it has members and readers from all over Britain and the world, so I would like to ask all of them what they think of this Scottish Bill, and should something similar be introduced in the rest of the country ?

Of course, I personally have always supported voluntary euthanasia and I also support this vital Bill, which is going through the Scottish Parliament right now.

Do you ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2685
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Support for suicide bill.

Post by zathrus on Thu 05 Feb 2015, 12:13 pm

This one has been hanging around for many years, and I think that as long as the churches have the sway in the conscience-vote of politicians they are NOT going to vote with their own common sense in any such free vote.

Even although many doctors are now looking at this in a different light, when they used to all be dead against it, the religions are still going to have the final say.

Personally, I too think that it is our lives and we should be the ones to decide when and how we give them up.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 11:32 am

I would like to find out what the opinions are about this from right across the UK.

I will have a search for these numbers......

Watch this space.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2573
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 07 Feb 2015, 12:40 pm

Me too Papa.

As I have some time to myself today I will have a look too.

Wait one......

Found something:

It appears that this Westminster version has already gone to The Lords for scrutiny and is yet to complete the committee and second reading stages.

Such things grind exceedingly slow in Westminster.

Maybe the Scotland Bill will beat them too it Twisted Evil

See it here: http://www.parliament.uk/business/news/2014/july/lords-assisted-dying-bill/
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 08 Feb 2015, 12:12 pm

Yes my dear, and thanks for that bit of info. ( Saves me from searching for it myself Wink ).

The only thing is that the final Westminster reading in The Lords will not be done until this November, when it will be returned to The Commons.

As the Scottish government have no "Lords", as such, we should see this, ( if it is successful ), getting onto the Scottish statute books much quicker than that.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 17 Dec 2017, 7:33 pm