Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The "reduction of the state"....

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12192
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

The "reduction of the state"....

Post by papa_umau on Thu 18 Dec 2014, 12:20 pm

Even while Ivanhoe keeps rabbeting on about about the "reduction of the state" I have to comment that there is proof in the papers this morning of this fact.

The Scottish Daily Record reported today that there is now 38,000 fewer people working in the public sector than there was in 1999.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Re: The "reduction of the state"....

Post by Angie baby on Sat 20 Dec 2014, 12:15 pm

I don't think that anyone is arguing with Ivanhoe over this laboured point. I just think that his needle is stuck in the groove and he cannot get off the subject.

There is absolutely no doubt that the Tories are working extremely hard to destroy our public sector so that their friends in the private sector can step in and make a bomb.

It is the death by a thousand cuts that the NHS is suffering under that bothers me the most and if we do not get rid of this destructive mob it will very soon disappear altogether.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12192
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 21 Dec 2014, 11:12 am

Even good public services are sold off cheaply to the private sector like the Royal Mail, and the successful East Coast rail network after the last private company gave it up because they could not make enough profits from it.

Now we are seeing this rail-network being again sold of to a state-owned Dutch company. ( It seems as if they would far rather sell the franchise to a state-owned Dutch company than keep it under British state ownership ). Where is the sense in that ?

The privatisation dogma of The Tories seems to replace good common sense every chance they get.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:09 am