Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Tories: The new "borrowing" party ?

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12201
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Tories: The new "borrowing" party ?

Post by papa_umau on Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:33 am

When we consider that the deficit is not coming down any time soon and that the Public Sector Borrowing Requirement, ( PSBR ), is growing instead of shrinking, I have to ask how the Tories can manage to spend billions on upgrading Britain's roads, spend more billions on flood defences in the West country and the London valley and throw many more billions at the NHS after saying that they were going to concentrate on efficiencies in the NHS instead of throwing more money at it.

Here's what Nick Robinson of the BBC thinks of this:

Spend, spend, spend what are politicians up to?

Spend spend spend. That's what people do who can afford to, at this time of the year. Why though are our politicians following suit when the country is still deeply in the red?

Today - on the morning after that NHS spending promise before - the coalition pledged to spend billions more upgrading Britain's road network.

Anyone would think Britain no longer had a borrowing problem, but far from it. Today two independent economic forecasts predicted that the official figures for the deficit would have to be revised up as the country will be borrowing almost as much this year as it was a year ago.

Read Nick Robinson's full report HERE

Cameron's excuse - on a TV interview - was that because the country's economy is now strong we can easily spend more than we previously could, and yet they were also saying that the income tax receipts were down.

Obviously, to me, if the wages are frozen for most of the taxpayers then they are not going to generate as much income tax as when wages followed inflation.

Also, it clear to me that the people on the minimum wage, who are struggling to survive are also losing out on welfare payments because of Osborne's cruel austerity policies.

Maybe his rich and fat-cat friends are enjoying this growing economy, but the lower third certainly are not.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Tories: The new "borrowing" party ?

Post by zathrus on Thu 04 Dec 2014, 11:54 am

The TV political pundits all said that this was the most political autumn statement that ever been delivered.

Osborne tried very hard to make the Tories look like a decent government, in that speech, but I don't think that very many will believe a word he said.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12201
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 11:54 am

AND.... Osborne has said that he plans to double the amount of austerity cuts that he has already inflicted on the people of Britain.

SO... If they get back in next year, ( God forbid ), we are going to have to put up with another four years of pain while the Tories screw us into the ground so that they can help their rich and powerful friends to grow, and the gap between the have's and the have-not's to get wider still.

I suppose we cannot really blame the Tories for being Tories as they have been educated from birth to look after their own and to not give a damn about the rest.

I only wish the population could realise this. Suspect

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 06 Dec 2014, 11:49 am

I think they are beginning to "realise this" now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 23 Aug 2017, 6:26 pm