Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The rise in the UKIP and UKIP support greatly disturbs me.....

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

The rise in the UKIP and UKIP support greatly disturbs me.....

Post by Parliament.... on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 8:52 pm

I donít know what the UKIP stand for other than pulling away from Europe, yet we arenít truly in Europe, we share nothing of their Social or economic culture, we are just on the fringes of Europe, we have no real decision making power in Europe, and pulling the drawbridge up re- immigration, and cracking down on immigration seems to be their only policy. † †I can understand why some people believe the UKIP are racist. †But I donít think the UKIP are racist. †I believe they seek power for the sake of power, and at any cost. †

Also I have to add that iím sick of hearing that Brussels rule us, they donít. †ďWeĒ rule us. †

A Free market agenda to dissolve the State and everything attached to it, has been running Britain for decades.

It began with Margaret Thatcher in the 1980ís. †Our privatisations, including railway privatisation, our expensive housing, our low income tax, our unjust and unfair local taxation, have all been due to the political agenda of the Tory right wing since Margaret Thatcher in the 1980ís, nothing to do with Brussels.

So stopping immigration to this country isnít going to cure our ills. †Only the British standing together for their own rights can do this, which we havenít done for decades, hence all the ills of our country now. †We are a social and economically divided nation. †There is largely no solidarity today among 60 million British people.

The UKIP in my view are clearly and obviously using the immigration ticket to get votes next year, and judging by their media coverage they are not only getting votes, they are also basking in the delight of anti European Toryís defecting over to them. †Which begs the question why is Cameron as a right Tory, prepared to fund millions into Social Europe per †day ?, my views are these.

David Cameron is wanting Europe to ditch its long held Social model funded via the EU State re- Gross National Product, and to adopt our Anglo Saxon deregulated free market model..It is then in my view that David Cameron will want to take charge, this is the great British ego at work, but this is only my opinion. †We once had an Empire, remember ?

My other view is that while we are connected to Europe Cameron can blame Europe for the unemployment in Britain, because we donít invest into our selves anymore, we are a market lead economy.

The UKIP, like the Tory's, †are a right wing, small State, low income tax party, which is what we have had since 1980 over 30 years ago. †Hence privatisation of our vital services including the NHS. †UKIP leader Nigel Farage is himself an admirer of Margaret Thatcher..A small point, but in my view a worthy and valid one.

I want to know what the UKIPís full manifesto is ?

I want to know if they will re- industrialise Britain ? †I want to know if the UKIP will return Britain to being industry and manufacturing lead with decent minimum wages, security in work, and fair taxation. ? Dare I say, just like they have in Western Europe.

Are the UKIP going to take Britain away from being simply a market lead, low waged, low income tax, insecure, short term economy, which treats its vulnerable like garbage, there is no other word for it. and where our young people cannot possible have a future ?. †

We pay around £60 million a day into the EU as our membership, Germany pay more as the leading country in Europe. †But Germany, France ect are fully in Europe, we arenít, we are on the fringes unable to take part in any decision making worth a light. †Britain remains on the outside of Europe looking in.

If the UKIP were to win Government next year, would they use those millions to invest into our vital public services ?, including re-nationalising the NHS, and the railways ?. †

During Tory PM John Majorís term of office, Mr Major privatised the railways in 1992 at a cost of £400 billion a year, whereas nationalisation prior to 1992 cost £100 billion a year, so itís cheaper on British tax payers to re- nationalise the railways. †All our vital public utilities, gas, water, and electricity, were privatised under Margaret Thatcher in the 1980ís, would the UKIP bring these vital public services back into public ownership. ?

Also would the UKIP increase the basic State pension, and re-link it directly to British prosperity care of male average earnings or inflation, whichever the higher ?, making no need to means test our elderly people for what many see as humiliating State handouts. †European pensioners receive much higher State pensions. †Britainís State pension is at the bottom of the European league.

Surely we British have had enough of unbridled free market policies, without State intervention this past 30 odd years, †to last a lifetime ?

Would the UKIP raise income tax on the rich to help pay for the investment needed into all of our vital public services, including our treasured National Health Service, our NHS has been underfunded for decades, because the Tory right wing do not believe in the concept of the NHS, and they never have.

So, come on UKIP put ďallĒ your cards on the table please, tell us all whatís your full manifest is. ?

Hiding behind immigration, and Brussels ruling us are such easy cop outs.

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: The rise in the UKIP and UKIP support greatly disturbs me.....

Post by papa_umau on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 10:29 am

Hi again Ivanhoe !

Yes, you are dead right that UKIP are a one-donkey party of opportunists and they will NEVER be of any effect in Britain's politics as, even if they do have a good share of the vote in middle England, they are going to be VERY unlikely to get many more seats than even the Greens already have.

The only way that UKIP are going to exert any effect on British politics is if Cameron tries to form a coalition with them in the 2015 election.

Cameron knows that he has lost a lot of his right-wing votes to UKIP and that really niggles him. He has already tried to sound like UKIP in his speech to the faithful at the Tory conference.

Finally, if you want to know the full UKIP manifesto, the best way would be to ask them, as I don't think you will get that information here.

You could start by visiting one or both of these links:

http://www.ukip.org/issues

OR

http://www.ukip.org/policies_for_people

Whether you actually believe any of that information or not is up to you.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2685
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 11:02 am

What a lot of "words" Ivanhoe !

You may get on better here if you cut down on the mass of the words and concentrate more on the content.

Anyway, I do not think you should be "disturbed" by the Ukip vote as they are mostly ex-Tories and they are ripping the Tory party apart.

The only success I think they will have as far as raw power is concerned will be when the Tory defectors run on the Ukip ticket and they take their Tory voters with them.

Paps, I honestly cannot see Cameron forming up a coalition with this bunch of rabble-rousers.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 11:08 am

Hi zathrus, yes there are because I am saying something. The title short into my head a while ago, so I wrote it down and built on it, and then I sent it to my local paper and they printed it in full.

What do you mean, "get on better here" ?.

What do you think of what im saying ?

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 24 Oct 2014, 11:53 am

zathrus wrote:What a lot of "words" Ivanhoe !

You may get on better here if you cut down on the mass of the words and concentrate more on the content.

Anyway, I do not think you should be "disturbed" by the Ukip vote as they are mostly ex-Tories and they are ripping the Tory party apart.

The only success I think they will have as far as raw power is concerned will be when the Tory defectors run on the Ukip ticket and they take their Tory voters with them.

Paps, I honestly cannot see Cameron forming up a coalition with bunch of rabble-rousers.

Hi again Zath'.

I suppose Cameron is going to have to do something to start to make the Tory party sound more like the UKIP party if he wants to get back the votes - and the senior members - already lost to them.

My idea of the Tories making a coalition with UKIP is not so strange when you remember that they did make a coalition with the Lib-Dems, who were poles apart from them in beliefs and values. In fact, at that time the Lib-Dems were further to the left than Blair's New-Labourites were.

The UKIP party is actually just a hard right-wing spin-off from Tory-ism anyway, so that idea might not sound so implausible if you think on it that way.

As the Lib-Dems are no longer a power in British politics, I doubt very much if THAT coalition has any chance of flying again.

All this adds up to is that the next general election is going to be a very interesting one.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2573
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 25 Oct 2014, 12:40 pm

Hello Ivanhoe.

While your piece there does not really concentrate on the thread-start heading. ( It rambles on a bit ). I have to say that you may be right that the growth of support for the Ukip party down here in England has to be alarming for the Tories and maybe even for the Labour camp too, even if there does not appear to be any notable bleed away from Labour to Ukip so far.

I honestly do think that we have no idea just how many previous Tory voters are now going to vote Ukip at the general election and we will not know that until the exit polls report next May.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 25 Oct 2014, 1:43 pm

Angie baby, I "never" "ramble on" when I write. Clearly you think I have in this piece, well then that's your problem not mine.

I will tell you how and why I wrote my piece ?

The heading of the piece just shot into my head a week or so ago, so I wrote it down, then I started to write, and I built on it for my local and regional papers.

Ivanhoe

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 26 Oct 2014, 12:43 pm

Hi Angie.

You mentioned that there may even be a loss of support to the UKIP party for Labour too, and I have to say that that could very well be a possibility.

I do think that the very few that might leave Labour and go to UKIP will be from the Labour voters that feel strongly against Europe and immigration. I do not think that there will be very many of this type.

What I DO think is that after the Scottish Labour Leader Johann Lamont resigned, indicting the Westminster bully-boys, we may see Scotland's Labour supporters moving quite hard to the left-wing.

Where they might put their alliance votes in May 2015 is another question completely, and if Ed Miliband cannot make some serious overtures to this Scottish left-wing vote we may find that this core vote might just be lost completely to Labour next May.

HERE is a news-item from The Telegraph that discusses this premise.

Yes, things ARE heating up, and there will be a lot of water under the bridge before we all come to lay our little crosses in the GE.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 17 Dec 2017, 7:35 pm