Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Instant coffee masquerading as real coffee.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12079
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Instant coffee masquerading as real coffee.

Post by papa_umau on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 11:00 am

The coffee marketeers are working very hard these days to try to persuade us that their latest instant coffee is as good as real and freshly ground coffee.

Their latest drive is to push us into believing that their so-called "Barista-style" instant is just as good as the real thing.

As one who ALWAYS questions the motives of the marketeers I feel that this is just another high-pressure con, and after testing a number of these freeze-dried "Barista-style" coffees against a range of fresh coffees - made in the traditional way - I have come to the conclusion that these imitation coffees do not get anywhere near the taste that we get from truly percolated coffee that is produced from freshly-ground coffee beans.

What do YOU think ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2512
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Instant coffee masquerading as real coffee.

Post by zathrus on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 11:11 am

You might be right about that Paps, but even as a tea-drinker myself I cannot see any kind of instant coffee starting to taste like real and fresh coffee.

They are kidding themselves on if they think they are going to con the real coffee drinkers into changing over to that kid-on crap.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 25 Oct 2014, 12:13 pm

My inserting of this post was done because my wife, who has been a confirmed coffee drinker since she was a girl and living in Malasia, asked me to.

She is the expert on coffee in my house and because I only ever drink green tea with lemon I have to be man enough to admit that, like you, I know very little about coffee.

Maybe we might be lucky enough to get the opinion of other coffee-drinkers that know about ROB and that might like to tell us what they think.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2400
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 25 Oct 2014, 12:58 pm

Well, I am a total coffee drinker and I think that the instant coffee manufacturers are trying like bears to make their stuff better than it once was.

Just a couple of years ago the powdery instant coffee was total crap and couldn't even start to compete with real coffee, but now this freeze-dried coffee, especially Nescafe Gold Blend, has improved beyond recognition with that powdery rubbish.

It is still not any way as good as freshly ground and brewed real coffee, but it certainly is "getting there".

The only thing that nips my nipples about it is how expensive it is compared to a tall Latte or a Cappuchino in Costa or the like.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 26 Oct 2014, 1:05 pm

Thanks for the input Angie, as you are the first real coffee drinker that has come here to comment on the thread.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 20 Jul 2017, 11:32 pm