Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The Labour conference show-stopper.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12456
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

The Labour conference show-stopper.

Post by papa_umau on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 11:54 am

Ed Miliband and the rise of the conference showstopper

Today Ed Miliband must give the speech of his life.

He will need to put a spring in his party's step - and make the public rethink their perception of the 44-year-old former Treasury adviser.

In Manchester, many delegates complain that, despite a robust poll lead that puts Ed Miliband on course to enter Downing Street and a Labour-led victory in Scotland, the atmosphere in at the conference is oddly subdued.

Activists appear unmoved at the prospect of turfing out the Coalition after just one term. Shadow ministers complain that they are still unclear what the partys objectives in power would be.

Rad the whole report from The Telgraph HERE

Well, I guess we can accept that The Telegraph might take this stance, but I also feel that Ed Miliband has a lot to do in order to revitalise the Labour party after the tanking the left-wing supporters in Scotland gave the party during the referendum campaign.

Anybody ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: The Labour conference show-stopper.

Post by zathrus on Thu 25 Sep 2014, 4:36 pm

I was not all that impressed by his keynote speech at the Labour conference.

He even failed to mention what Labour are going to do about the near 100 billion pound deficit.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12456
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Fri 26 Sep 2014, 11:54 am

I thought that it was good, if not great, but I could see how he is starting to try to get back all of the lefties that voted YES in the Scottish referendum, by making his vision of the new Labour party a more inclusive and a fairer party, and maybe a government.

I am sure we will hear a lot more along these lines from Ed Miliband between now and the election next May.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Oct 2017, 4:55 pm