Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Tories hiding election battle funds.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Tories hiding election battle funds.

Post by papa_umau on Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:53 am

Given the extraordinary care Harriet Harman has gone to in order to highlight the funding the Tories are receiving from secretive associations, you'd think there was some of financial jiggery-pokery going on.

Her speech to a London audience sees her complain to the heavens about the Conservatives continuing to accept donations from mysterious organisations.

She's highlighted the latest figures from the Electoral Commission, which show the Tories received 372,183.09 from unincorporated associations in April, May and June

Read more on this from Politics UK HERE

I have always wondered why political parties try to hide their financial supporters.

Do we think that the people who give money to political parties are ashamed of what they do ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2685
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Tories hiding election battle funds.

Post by zathrus on Thu 28 Aug 2014, 12:04 pm

Yes, and to prove it we saw reported yesterday that a lavish promotional dinner held for David Cameron and the "Better Together" campaign has been stopped as it was going to infringe on the Electoral Commission financial rules of campaigning.

See this in the Daily Telegraph here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11059963/CBI-Scotland-scales-back-annual-dinner-after-watchdog-rules-it-pro-UK-campaign-event.html

And YES, I DO read the Torygraph now and again Suspect
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 11:34 am

And, so do I mate. ( Read the Torygraph as well as you do ).

I have found that the stuff that is found in that Tory-supporting newspaper is often closer to the truth than that found in the lefty newspapers.

I have found that it's always best to keep an open mind on any such subjects.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 18 Dec 2017, 2:38 pm