Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The EC imposes control logo on all internet drugs.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11956
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

The EC imposes control logo on all internet drugs.

Post by papa_umau on Wed 25 Jun 2014, 11:39 am

Most of us will already know that the internet can be a very dangerous place and no more than via the practice to buy legal, illegal, and unlicenced drugs on.

With the availablity of "legal highs" drugs growing apace on the internet the European Commission has, in my view, done something that should help this problem by making the online buyers think twice before buying drugs that they have no real knowledge about.

Just because some company or individual says that their drug contains "this or that" does not guarantee that the required effect will actually be found in that drug.

NOW, at least, if they want to advertise their wares online in the European internet they will have to show the logo that will be awarded to those companies that pass the tests laid down by The Commission.

Read more on this from the European Commission Health and Consumers site HERE

Here is the new logo:

How the new logo is used and authorised:

This is the logo to look out for on the homepage of an online pharmacy. The rectangle on the middle left side will have the flag of the EU country where the online pharmacy is established, and the text will be translated into the official language/s of that country.

How does it work?

First, look for the logo on the website through which you are considering buying medicines and click on it. You should be taken to the national regulatory authority website, which lists all legally operating online pharmacies and other legally authorised retailers of medicines. Check that the pharmacy is listed. Then continue with your purchase. If not listed, do not buy from that website. Use one of the legitimate medicine retailers listed on your national regulatory authority’s website.

So, there you have it folks; what do you think of this latest move by the EC ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2488
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: The EC imposes control logo on all internet drugs.

Post by zathrus on Fri 27 Jun 2014, 11:58 am

You put a fair bit of work into that one Paps.

I just hope that this logo is applied properly and used properly by the people who usually buy drugs on the internet.

I think that just the sound of that makes me think that they won't, because the ones that buy drugs off the internet choose not to acquire them where they should: from the NHS.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11956
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sat 28 Jun 2014, 12:27 pm

Yes mate, and it is for that precise reason they need as much protection as they can get.

Buying dodgy chemicals from a bloke on a street corner has one set of risks that many young people feel the need to avoid because of the potential highs they may get, and these stupid people cannot get the protection they need on the streets so they need as much protection as they can get while shopping for drugs on the internet.

I REALLY hope that this act by the European Commission works.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2377
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sun 29 Jun 2014, 12:41 pm

I hope so too, but I am afraid I cannot see this advice logo having much effect at all as most of the ones who buy drugs off the internet are hoping to get them cheaply and without fuss and the content in these drugs could not be further from their minds.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 28 Jun 2017, 1:17 am