Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Tories go to war over Muslim schools.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11946
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Tories go to war over Muslim schools.

Post by papa_umau on Wed 04 Jun 2014, 11:15 am

Cabinet splits as Gove and May point finger over extremism in Birmingham schools

Home Office and Education Department at loggerheads as Michael Gove and Theresa May point fingers over failure to tackle Islamist infiltration of schools.

A Cabinet split has emerged after Michael Gove blamed the Home Office for failing to combat the alleged ‘Trojan Horse’ plot by Islamist extremists to take control of schools in Birmingham.

The Education Secretary has blamed the Home Office for failing to tackle extremism in schools, and is adamant that a small group of fanatical Muslims have infiltrated a number of schools.

He singled out Charles Farr, a senior government counter-terrorism official, for criticism in refusing to "drain the swamp" of extremists.
    But Theresa May, the Home Secretary, questioned Mr Gove's efforts to address the issue in a letter released last night.

In the letter, Mrs May questioned Mr Gove’s response to claims that a Birmingham headteacher had warned of the extremist plot four years ago.

This morning Crispin Blunt, the former prisons minister, claimed Mr Gove is a "neo-con" and said his demands to "drain the swamp" of Islamic radicalism by tackling schools are "impossible".

Read more on this from The Telgraph HERE

Well folks, who do you think is right here ?

Is Gove right to attack his comrade on this subject or is May right that this problem has been developing for a very long time ?

Do you, or do you not, think that it is time that religious radicalisation in British state schools and in government-subsidised Muslim Faith schools, in particular, should be clamped down on as soon as possible ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2488
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Tories go to war over Muslim schools.

Post by zathrus on Thu 05 Jun 2014, 10:22 am

And, so they should "go to war" over this subject as nothing has been done to stop these faith schools from being taken over and sabotaged by the extremists.

I agree that these schools and all of the other faith schools should not be part of the state schools tax-bill.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:01 pm

Of course, what I always say is:

If faith schools were outlawed in Britain the problem would not arise, and any indoctrination or radicalisation of children would then need to be done in the churches, mosques, and temples.

We are just too soft with foreign religions in Britain.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2377
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 12:54 pm

Even as a teacher I do not believe that single religions - including the Christian religion - should be taught in our state schools.

There is nothing wrong, in my estimation, with teaching the awareness of all of the world's religions, but there should be no place in any ordinary school for the indoctrination of children into any one religion.

My job is not to indoctrinate, it is to teach reading writing and arithmetic to my kids and nothing else.

I hope my head does not find out about this as it could mean my job.  Evil or Very Mad 
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 08 Jun 2014, 11:30 am

Dead right Angie; teachers should not be teaching anything but the three Rs, and the fourth "R" should be left to the theologians in their own establishments.

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1169
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Wed 11 Jun 2014, 4:01 pm

I agree with Angie; Schools should not have a religious element at all, religion should be taught at home.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 12 Jun 2014, 4:26 pm

I think that we all agree on this one in ROB.

It is just a shame that our lawmakers do not have the courage required to take a strong stance here.

If we show weakness to the religious extremists they will very quickly make us pay for this weakness.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 26 Jun 2017, 7:59 am