Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Diana's death dossier redacted.

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Diana's death dossier redacted.

Post by Angie baby on Sun 25 May 2014, 12:53 pm

Diana death dossier was censored 65 TIMES by civil servants

Whitehall chiefs have reluctantly handed the Sunday People an official log detailing the hours ­after Princess Diana died in Paris – but only after massively censoring it.

Civil servants spent five months fobbing off repeated Freedom of Information requests for the British Embassy document.

And it was finally released only after Home Secretary Theresa May gave her approval. The log, typewritten on three tatty foolscap pages, had 65 deletions.

Almost all of them were of names that have been in the ­public domain for the 16 years since Diana’s car crash death.

The list includes the Prince of Wales, Diana’s sisters Sarah and Jane and even France’s then-president Jacques Chirac.

I found this in The Daily Mirror online here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/diana-death-dossier-censored-65-3604237

I wonder what is going on here as this information is too little and too late and does not tell us what most of the people in Britain, who loved Diana, including me, want to know about her untimely death.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12199
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Diana's death dossier redacted.

Post by papa_umau on Mon 26 May 2014, 10:40 am

That's a shock Angie !

I have often wondered what is the good of the Freedom of Information Act if papers published under this Act are so badly redacted that nothing can be gleaned from these papers afterwards.

A total nonsense; nothing else.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 31 May 2014, 12:50 pm

It seems by this that they are protecting people who should not be protected and I am sure that if all of this was opened to public scrutiny there could have been convictions that would and should have followed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:13 pm