Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Young Scot kills himself after 40 rejects in three months

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12115
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Young Scot kills himself after 40 rejects in three months

Post by papa_umau on Wed 21 May 2014, 11:16 am

Tragic young Scot Martin Hadfield took his own life after being rejected for 40 jobs in three months.

MARTIN HADFIELD, from Greenock, had refused to take state benefits and became so demoralised by his job search that he took his own life.

Martin Hadfield wanted just one thing – a job - any job.

In just 12 weeks, the 20-year-old, from Greenock, applied for around 40 – without success.

His family claim he was being undercut on wages by younger and less experienced candidates and most of his job applications failed to get even a courteous response.

They say the qualified gardener felt “put down with no self-worth”.

Read the rest of this awful story HERE

That has to be the most tragic story I have heard in my life as it is a total scandal that this lad could not get help from SOMEONE.

We hear the Tory-types droning on about the neither-work-nor-want young people in Britain but we never hear them telling of the number of youngsters like Martin that are both desperate and demoralised by the cruel and thoughtless employers out there.

Papa......

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12115
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Update....

Post by papa_umau on Thu 22 May 2014, 11:11 am

When I asked in the original thread-start why there is not "someone" who could help such struggling and at risk youngsters, I decided to actually look for such help.

I found an excellent site called YOUTHNET that does precisely that.

I also discovered the URLs for the two regular agencies that offer this help to young people and children too.

Among these I found the excellent CHILDLINE and of course the ubiquitous SAMARITANS who have both been doing this essential job for many years.

SO - if any of the youngsters that are reading this that are having black thoughts or that just need someone to talk to, visit any of those links - in blue, above -  you WILL find a place that might help you with such problems.

Good luck to you all !

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2406
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Re: Young Scot kills himself after 40 rejects in three months

Post by Angie baby on Sun 25 May 2014, 12:41 pm

That is a terribly sad story Papa.  Sad 

And of course there are places where such youngsters can get help if they want to, but my experience says that young people are more inclined to try to hide this kind of sadness as they, especially boys, think that they show weakness if they do ask for help.

This is definitely an indictment on how this present cruel government are treating the unemployed youngsters in Britain today.

Sponsored content

Re: Young Scot kills himself after 40 rejects in three months

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 28 Jul 2017, 5:57 pm