Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

European Elections

Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

European Elections

Post by Technician on Fri 16 May 2014, 5:06 pm

Hi,

Very soon we will get our chance to vote here ( On May 22nd ). Funny that in our area thre only sign of a 'politician' has been the UKIP guy who has been pounding the streets and pressing the flesh..Where the hell are Labour, Conservatives and (I'm not really a 'liar') Nick Cleggs Liberal Democrats ?

One thing is obvious, Nigel and UKIP have been getting some very abusive press of late. Funny how this happens when all the other parties have got the wind up, and need to resort to the traditional mud sling. As Nigel says' if you are sick of these mainstream politician jokers and career politicians' vote UKIP!!

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11956
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: European Elections

Post by papa_umau on Sat 17 May 2014, 12:11 pm

Yes, and even if it does look a bit strange for the likes of UKIP to win European Parliament seats, considering they are anti-Europe in many ways, it is good to see them making the Tories, and the Labour party, ( who don't really know what to do about Europe ), sit up and pay attention.

While I do not think that Labour will lose too many votes to UKIP I do think that the Tories are going to lose a lot of votes this way both at the EU elections and at the general election next year.

Strangely, the Liberal Democrats ARE very pro-Europe and this stance could be the one that rips the coalition right down the middle.

I guess we are going to see after May 22nd whether this is going to happen or not.

I am looking forward to this election very much as it will show exactly how the English are truly thinking as far as Europe is concerned.

Papa......

Current date/time is Tue 27 Jun 2017, 4:43 pm