Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The barrel bombs used in Syria.

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

The barrel bombs used in Syria.

Post by zathrus on Thu 08 May 2014, 11:29 am

When I saw the devastation that was caused recently by a Syrian government barrel bomb when it fell on a hotel in Aleppo and totally destroyed it and many buildings around it, I was shocked to the core.

The worst thing about these things is that they are just barrels filled with explosive and shrapnel and often oil so that they make a spectacular explosion. When they are dropped manually from a helicopter that are completely indiscriminate and they are now being used as a terror weapon on civilians.

I hope that eventually they are used in evidence in order to convict Assad of war-crimes.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12180
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: The barrel bombs used in Syria.

Post by papa_umau on Fri 09 May 2014, 12:08 pm

An excellent subject Zathrus.

It is obvious to anybody that watches what is going on in Syria that the government of Assad does not care how many civilians it kills or how it kills them, as Assad is now committed to totally destroying the infrastructure of Syria so that as many "rebels" as possible can be slaughtered.

These barrel-bombs are the most indiscriminate weapons that have been used since the Americans used Napalm in Vietnam.

On a view from the other side, I have concerns that if the so-called "rebels" in Syria win this war, because they are mostly from the Islamic Brotherhood, they will almost certainly turn Syria into another Iran and that will just be one more country in the Middle-East that will be ruled by Sharia law instead of civil law.

Opinions please.

Papa......

Current date/time is Sat 19 Aug 2017, 12:54 am