Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

I make 120,000 but can't eat out !

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12192
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

I make 120,000 but can't eat out !

Post by papa_umau on Wed 07 May 2014, 10:41 am

Judith Woods of The Telegraph says that because of the squeeze that the middle-classes are under she and others like her cannot even afford to go out for dinner.

She says:

"The British economy is looking buoyant. With a growth in GDP of three per cent, UK Plc is once more afloat. But a rising tide should lift all boats and so far there is little sign of that in the becalmed waters of the Squeezed Middle.

Having previously urged the Chancellor to ease austerity measures or jeopardise growth, the International Monetary Fund has now conceded that the UK will be among the best performing of the worlds largest economies.

George Osborne is chipper, but for the Squeezed Middle, who are struggling to keep their proverbial heads above water financially, the mood is far from optimistic."

Read more on this from The Telegraph HERE

All I can say to that is Awwwwe, shame, for her and her middle class pals.

I have always considered that people who have good incomes usually cut their cloth to suit their spending power and whenever they get more money their standard of living rises commensurately.

They have choices in how and where they spend their money but the third of British society that have been driven to poverty by this cruel government do NOT have any such choices about where they spend their very limited resources.

Maybe it is time that the middle classes got real and started to support the poor instead of their own kind out there in Tory-land.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: I make 120,000 but can't eat out !

Post by zathrus on Thu 08 May 2014, 11:01 am

I had to laugh at that one as idiots like this seem to have lost all perspective as far as income comparisons and the cost of living are concerned.

Like all greedy pigs, if they get more they want more.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 09 May 2014, 11:51 am

Sadly true mate !

Mind you, if the middle-England punters are rightly-or-wrongly feeling the pinch I would guess that they will not be voting for their usual Tory buddies in 2015 ?

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 10 May 2014, 11:57 am

Being a teacher I know what it is like to be considered to be middle class, but I can tell you right now that if I was earning 120,000 I could certainly eat out regularly. I don't, so I can't.

I do not know where that woman is spending her money if she thinks she can plead poverty on that kind of a salary.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 11 May 2014, 12:24 pm

Quite simply Angie: Riches and greed begats more riches and greed and ever will it be so.

Papa......

Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

Can't eat out

Post by Technician on Fri 16 May 2014, 4:56 pm

Hi,

What utter bull***t !!!. Of course she can eat out on that salary. Problem is she wants to go to top Michellin star joints I bet ( she can still do that as well ).

Makes me laugh. Despite pleas of poverty from many people its funny how they can always find money for the new widescreen TV, all the latest computer gadgets and smartphones. Oh, and the booze and fags.

Its up to individuals to manage their own budgets. On that salary I would be eating out while enjoying my foreign holidays!!. Like many on here I am now on a pension, but I think I have been prudent enough to be sensible and not sqander my money ( and I was not on 120,000 ) Myself and my good lady eat out and enjoy it ( see Angie, there is hope for retired teachers!! ).

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 17 May 2014, 12:02 pm

Dead right Technician !

We often also see this syndrome coming from the bottom end of society too as those with very little extra always seem to find ways to keep drinking, smoking, gambling and buying designer goods.

In fact it is these people who have a strong desire to look as if they are OK and who like to try to prove this to their peers, by spending what they do not have, that takes many of them into the hands of the loan-sharks and the payday lenders.

Of course the people in the middle ground that do have decent salaries CAN stretch their money further than the poor can and so long as they cut their cloth to suit their colour they will not get into financial trouble.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 17 May 2014, 1:00 pm

Technician wrote:Hi,

What utter bull***t !!!. Of course she can eat out on that salary. Problem is she wants to go to top Michellin star joints I bet ( she can still do that as well ).

Makes me laugh. Despite pleas of poverty from many people its funny how they can always find money for the new widescreen TV, all the latest computer gadgets and smartphones. Oh, and the booze and fags.

Its up to individuals to manage their own budgets. On that salary I would be eating out while enjoying my foreign holidays!!. Like many on here I am now on a pension, but I think I have been prudent enough to be sensible and not sqander my money ( and I was not on 120,000 ) Myself and my good lady eat out and enjoy it ( see Angie, there is hope for retired teachers!! ).

Technician

HI again Technician.

I guess it matters if both of you make a decent wage or a pension, and if you were on a high-level of salary when you retired, but I am on the basic primary-school teacher's salary and my partner shares very few of the household expenses with the part of his miserable added income that I get.

I may have decent pension when I eventually retire, but if the government have any say in it I will be in the grubber like the rest of the public sector pensioners are. Sad
    Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1247
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Sun 01 Jun 2014, 3:53 pm

My heart bleeds for the poor woman.......NOT!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:14 am