Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Is America gun-crazy ?

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12196
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Is America gun-crazy ?

Post by papa_umau on Sun 04 May 2014, 12:07 pm

Obama plan to close gun loophole stalled by NRA and pro-gun opposition.

Executive action announced in wake of 2012 Sandy Hook shooting sought to reform legally certified 'gun trusts'

A plan by President Barack Obama to close a loophole which allows Americans to buy weapons such as machine guns, grenades and sawn-off shotguns without undergoing background checks is set to be delayed, due to intense opposition from the NRA and other anti-gun-control activists.

Only in America !

I find it both amazing and terrifying that a public lobby group like the American National Rifle Association ( NRA ), can have the power to stop a presidential policy in it's tracks. Suspect

What say you ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Is America gun-crazy ?

Post by zathrus on Thu 08 May 2014, 11:14 am

I think you have asked this question before here Paps.

And, the answer is still YES, they are "gun-crazy".

The adding of the right to bear arms to the constitution is probably the worst thing they have ever done as when that was originated America was lawless and just about everybody carried a gun in public.

Mind you, if you think about it, this situation has not changed all that much since then. Evil or Very Mad
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 10 May 2014, 12:06 pm

I sort of agree here, but I am not willing to tar all Americans with the "gun-crazy" brush, as I am sure that there are many Americans that would like to see the gun laws in their country tightened up.

Here is an interesting view of this via a Russian radio channel website where they draw attention to the "Moms against guns" lobby in America.

http://voiceofrussia.com/2014_05_09/American-moms-pro-and-against-gun-control-who-wins-9682/

This shows that the NRA do not have it all their own way and that the mums of America are worth listening too as well.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12196
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 11 May 2014, 12:28 pm

Yes, Angie, I am sure that the moms and their children in America will be a powerful lobby if they get organised.

They will still have to do a lot to beat the influence that the National Rifle Association, ( NRA ), have in the places of power in America.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:51 am