Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

An Atheists handbook sent to schools.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11956
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

An Atheists handbook sent to schools.

Post by papa_umau on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 11:45 am

'Atheists' handbook' sent to every secondary school

An 'Atheists' Handbook' is being sent to every secondary school in England and Wales to be placed in their library, amid a continued furore over the role of religion in educational establishments.

The book, by science teacher Alom Shaha, tells the story of his upbringing in a Bangladeshi Muslim community in south east London, how he overcame his inner conflict about atheism and the secular moral principles he uses in his life.

"Nationally, most young people have non-religious beliefs and values. However, in a large number of schools, pupils only have access to a number of religious perspectives on life's bigger questions, and not to the humanist ones that most non-religious people in Britain share," BHA head of education Sara Passmore said.

Read more on this from Politics.co.uk HERE

Many might see this as an attack on the Christian values that are "normal" in most of the state school in Britain today, but I feel that if the state is going to subsidise and support single-faith schools and to continue to push the Christian religion over any of the other religions in normal state schools then they MUST give the pupils the chance to examine atheism, humanism and secularism too.

If they don't, then the indictment that the British educational establishment is simply indoctrinating our children would be a valid one.

What say you on this subject ?

Last edited by papa_umau on Fri 02 May 2014, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2488
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: An Atheists handbook sent to schools.

Post by zathrus on Thu 01 May 2014, 11:20 am

Isn't it strange how this book has been created by an ex-Muslim ?

I would have thought that "once a Muslim, always a Muslim" would be the rule.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11956
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Fri 02 May 2014, 10:50 am

While I can see what you are getting at there Zath', I am sure that all of the religions are now losing previously staunch supporters because so much damage has been done to the ordinary followers by the extremists in all branches of religion.

It is always the extremists that shout the loudest and that commit the greatest atrocities in the name of their religions, and the free world is getting totally sick of it.

Not before time I have to say !

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 28 Jun 2017, 1:17 am