Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Osborne's deficit-cutting in tatters.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Osborne's deficit-cutting in tatters.

Post by papa_umau on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:59 am

A ten billion pound debt blow !

The Labour opposition attacked George Osborne yesterday when it was shown that under his control the debt mountain had grown by £10 billion.

They said that the government had failed to get the deficit down even after torturing the most vulnerable people in the country with their draconian austerity policies.

It was published that  central government borrowing was £1.9 billion above predictions, and that public sector debt now stood at £1269 billion, £10 billion more than forecast.

So, I guess that all of the pain that this government have been forcing onto us has had no effect and the present government deficit is just as bad as it has always been.

Well done Osborne........NOT !

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2685
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Osborne's deficit-cutting in tatters.

Post by zathrus on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 11:07 am

I was already aware that the Con-Dem government were losing the deficit battle but it is still good to see it in black and white here.

Keep up the good work Paps as it is great when your readers get to know about such stuff.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 26 Apr 2014, 12:57 pm

What with Osborne's gaffes, u-turns, and basic mistakes he has to be the worst Chancellor that Britain has even had.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2573
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sun 27 Apr 2014, 11:48 am

Yes, looking at these mistakes it is easy to see where his loyalties lie.

They are certainly not with me and mine.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 11:08 am

One would have thought that if we take into account the savings made by hammering the weak, the poor, the old and the sick and the amount of cuts there has been in the public sector, we might have seen our PSBR being reduced, but even with this money deducted they are STILL borrowing more than the last government borrowed.

As far as a Chancellor is concerned Osborne is a no-user.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Post by Parliament.... on Wed 28 May 2014, 9:17 pm

papa_umau wrote:A ten billion pound debt blow !

The Labour opposition attacked George Osborne yesterday when it was shown that under his control the debt mountain had grown by £10 billion.

They said that the government had failed to get the deficit down even after torturing the most vulnerable people in the country with their draconian austerity policies.

It was published that  central government borrowing was £1.9 billion above predictions, and that public sector debt now stood at £1269 billion, £10 billion more than forecast.

So, I guess that all of the pain that this government have been forcing onto us has had no effect and the present government deficit is just as bad as it has always been.

Well done Osborne........NOT !

Papa, as ive told you many times, the Tory's are using the deficit as a cover to ideologically reduce the State and get rid of welfare. Austerity is just a word they cooked up to to push through their right wing agenda.

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 29 May 2014, 11:04 am

Yes, you HAVE told me - and the rest of the Robsters - that many times before Ivanhoe.

The thing is:

Do you have anything new to add to this thread ?

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Thu 29 May 2014, 11:19 am

papa_umau wrote:Yes, you HAVE told me - and the rest of the Robsters - that many times before Ivanhoe.

The thing is:

Do you have anything new to add to this thread ?

What else can "one" say Papa ?. The Tory right wing have an ideological agenda to get rid of the welfare State and privatise the NHS, under cover of reducing the deficit, , and what's worse is that they are getting away with it courtesy of a compliant BBC media.

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 29 May 2014, 11:31 am

There is a lot to discuss and debate about what is wrong with Britain and Europe, and simply continually quoting Tory dogma is not a good way to talk about or examine what is behind these points.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2685
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 29 May 2014, 11:43 am

I think it is Ivanhoe that is the dogma-quoter, including his own dogma.

You should just write that stuff down on flags and keep waving them and then you would never need to speak again.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Thu 29 May 2014, 12:02 pm

papa_umau wrote:There is a lot to discuss and debate about what is wrong with Britain and Europe, and simply continually quoting Tory dogma is not a good way to talk about or examine what is behind these points.

Papa, you are a great debater, i'm not. I like to get to the crux of the matter and have it sorted. Unfortunately the BBC are running things to suit themselves, and so meanwhile Cameron and his right wing ministers continue their "dwindling" State agenda, under cover of reducing the deficit.

Ivanhoe

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Thu 29 May 2014, 12:06 pm

zathrus wrote:I think it is Ivanhoe that is the dogma-quoter, including his own dogma.

You should just write that stuff down on flags and keep waving them and then you would never need to speak again.

zathrus, the Tory right wing have an ideological hatred of the welfare State, and the nationalisation of the NHS. Hence the Tory's are using the defIcit as a cover to cut welfare to the bone and privatise the NHS.

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 30 May 2014, 12:30 pm

Yes, that may be right, but just keeping on saying it does nothing to try to organise any ways in which to encourage them to get out of their dogmatic stance.

That is what debate is all about; it is not just about stating the obvious over and over and over, again and again.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Fri 30 May 2014, 1:03 pm

papa_umau wrote:Yes, that may be right, but just keeping on saying it does nothing to try to organise any ways in which to encourage them to get out of their dogmatic stance.

That is what debate is all about; it is not just about stating the obvious over and over and over, again and again.

Papa, What's the point of debating the obvious ?.  What we should be doing is rioting, because since Thatcher over 30 years ago, the ideology has been to reduce the State and cut welfare.  Cameron is continuing what Thatcher started, but now he is doing it under cover of reducing the deficit.

P.S.  I noticed you have blocked me from contributing to the other thread. ?.  I thought this site was democratically allowing free speech ?

What follows is a personal attack, copied and pasted from my other posting.

""I have locked this thread as it is getting out of control""

""I would re-iterate that we can all debate and discuss serious and pointed subjects to the right and left of politics without making personal attacks on anyone.""""

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 31 May 2014, 12:28 pm

We all have to be aware when our words are personal attacks, and some people just don't know they are doing it when they do.

Technician has PM'd me to say that due to your "combatative" style he is now no longer going to write to ROB.

Thanks Ivanhoe.  Sad 

Now, does anyone else want to discuss the pros and cons of the thread-start subject or are we just going to keep chucking dogma around ?

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 31 May 2014, 1:00 pm

papa_umau wrote:We all have to be aware when our words are personal attacks, and some people just don't know they are doing it when they do.

Technician has PM'd me to say that due to your "combatative" style he is now no longer going to write to ROB.

Thanks Ivanhoe.  Sad 

Now, does anyone else want to discuss the pros and cons of the thread-start subject or are we just going to keep chucking dogma around ?

Papa, I did not hurl personal abuse at Technician, what would be the point of that ?. He did to me though. If you read your own site you will see.

Ivanhoe
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2573
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 31 May 2014, 1:08 pm

What was that about Osborne's deficit cutting again ?

As I see it, it does not matter what dogma drives the Tories - or anybody else - these entrenched ideas just don't work.

It is that we should be discussing here and not the personal clashes between off-topic arguers.

Get a grip guys and get to grips with the subject-matter too.  Twisted Evil 

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 31 May 2014, 2:56 pm

Angie baby wrote:What was that about Osborne's deficit cutting again ?

As I see it, it does not matter what dogma drives the Tories - or anybody else - these entrenched ideas just don't work.

It is that we should be discussing here and not the personal clashes between off-topic arguers.

Angie baby, the right wing Tory's have an inherited loathing of the welfare State and the role of the State. Cameron and his ministers are destroying both under cover of reducing the deficit.

Margaret Thatcher began this rolling back of the State from the 1980's, and Tony Blair's New Labour Government continued doing it from 1997 under the guize of a Labour Government.

"these entrenched ideas" arent meant to work.

The right wing Tories hate the welfare State and so they are cutting it to the bone, and under cover of reducing the deficit.

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 01 Jun 2014, 12:22 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:

Angie baby, the right wing Tory's have an inherited loathing of the welfare State and the role of the State.  Cameron and his ministers are destroying both under cover of reducing the deficit.

Margaret Thatcher began this rolling back of the State from the 1980's, and Tony Blair's New Labour Government continued doing it from 1997 under the guize of a Labour Government.

The right wing Tories hate the welfare State and so they are cutting it to the bone, and under cover of reducing the deficit.

Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe.....

Do you not realise that "sloganising" like that is patronising to anybody that has half a brain.

Just by repeating the same dogmatic statement over and over again to anyone who will pay attention does nothing for your ability to get through in open debate.

Please, in future, try to talk about individual points without lecturing people with your narrow view of what drives the Tories, as such sloganeering just shuts down discussion.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 01 Jun 2014, 12:49 pm

papa_umau wrote:
    Ivanhoe wrote:

Angie baby, the right wing Tory's have an inherited loathing of the welfare State and the role of the State.  Cameron and his ministers are destroying both under cover of reducing the deficit.

Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe.....

Do you not realise that "sloganising" like that is patronising to anybody that has half a brain.

Just by repeating the same dogmatic statement over and over again to anyone who will pay attention does nothing for your ability to get through in open debate.

Please, in future, try to talk about individual points without lecturing people with your narrow view of what drives the Tories, as such sloganeering just shuts down discussion.

Papa, Anybody out there who is intelligent enough to realise that the Tory's are using the deficit to run down the State and get rid of welfare, is not narrow minded, including myself.

What the right wing are all about is removing everything set in place by the Labour Government of 1945-48. The Tory's are privatising the NHS, and cutting welfare to the bone, and they are doing it all under cover of reducing the deficit.

If you dont see this, then there really is not any more I can say....?

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 01 Jun 2014, 1:14 pm

Yes, but you do not need to keep ramming that same point down our throats as we KNOW what drives the Tories.

Try to bring us something new please.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 01 Jun 2014, 6:45 pm

papa_umau wrote:Yes, but you do not need to keep ramming that same point down our throats as we KNOW what drives the Tories.

Try to bring us something new please.

The trouble is a good majority of the British people have no idea what drives the Tories.

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 02 Jun 2014, 11:56 am

That, to me, is an insult to the "good majority" of the British population, and you will see just how well they - the Tories - are understood at the next general election.

The SMALL majority of the ENGLISH population are killing the Tories because of their populist attraction to UKIP, but I, and many more politically-aware Brits are expecting the Tories and the UKIP to form another coalition when they cannot get enough of the population to vote for them as a first choice.

Now that WOULD be an "unholy alliance" that would blow the old Con-Dem alliance right out of the water.

That is a serious possibility, and the idea just scares the hell out of the people who do know what drives the right wing. There are more of these people than you give them credit for.

If you stopped sloganeering and really looked into what drives the Tories, you would find much more to talk about than that "record" stuck in the groove.

OH.... and when I am here. Why do you not look at, and reply to, any more of the topics that are going on ROB ? If you did you might find that you would get out of the rut you are in and you might find a lot more subjects to interest you.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Mon 02 Jun 2014, 12:11 pm

papa_umau wrote:That, to me, is an insult to the "good majority" of the British population, and you will see just how well they - the Tories - are understood at the next general election.

The SMALL majority of the ENGLISH population are killing the Tories because of their populist attraction to UKIP, but I, and many more politically-aware Brits are expecting the Tories and the UKIP to form another coalition when they cannot get enough of the population to vote for them as a first choice.

Now that WOULD be an "unholy alliance" that would blow the old Con-Dem alliance right out of the water.

That is a serious possibility, and the idea just scares the hell out of the people who do know what drives the right wing. There are more of these people than you give them credit for.

If you stopped sloganeering and really looked into what drives the Tories, you would find much more to talk about than that "record" stuck in the groove.

OH.... and when I am here. Why do you not look at, and reply to, any more of the topics that are going on ROB ? If you did you might find that you would get out of the rut you are in and you might find a lot more subjects to interest you.

Call my mindset what you like Papa, the reality is that the British largely have no interest in politics until things effect them personally, but by then its all too late, as is now, over 30 years on from the Thatcher Government and the initiation of rolling back the State began.

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 02 Jun 2014, 12:26 pm

And, as I have said to you MANY times before: "You are right, but there is more to life and politics than that".

I mean; do you even read any of the other topics in ROB or is the auto-reminder that pops into your e-mail inbox the only thing that drives you to visit ROB ?

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 18 Dec 2017, 10:24 pm