Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

News for the hydrogen revolution.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

News for the hydrogen revolution.

Post by papa_umau on Sat 22 Mar 2014, 12:46 pm

Many of you will already know that I am a strong advocate for the move towards the hydrogen revolution and even if this "revolution" is being resisted by the fossil-fuel lobby I am glad to reveal that this idea is now moving forward.

A company called AMEY, ( one that serves many local authorities ), has recently ordered a small hydrogen gas making and storage plant so that they can trial the use of hydrogen fuel in two of their fuel-cell public-service vehicles.

They have sourced a plant that can be contained in a small half-size ISO container, ( the kind of containers that are used on container ships ), so that they can manufacture their own hydrogen gas and so that it can be liquified and easily stored.

Read more about this HERE HERE and HERE.

Watch this video from YouTube:

Many people do not realise that hydrogen is very easily made using a number of different methods and that once it has been manufactured it is as easily stored as Liquified Petroleum Gas, ( LPG ), is.

Probable the best way to make it is to use low levels of electricity to separate the gasses hydrogen and oxygen from water, using electrolysis.

All we need now is that many of the car manufacturers will start to make cars that run on electricity produced by fuel cells that use hydrogen and that either local authorities or private companies start to make hydrogen locally and ensure that it is available at normal filling stations.

Only then will the fossil fuel boys be beaten at their own game.

What do you folks think of this idea ?

An example of simple electrolysis:

I found a website that show just how easy it is to make hydrogen gas at home by connecting up two straightened paper clips to the end of two wires coming from a nine volt battery and immersing them in water that has had a spoonful of salt added to it. So long as the two ends of these wires do not touch, pure hydrogen gas will bubble off at one end while impure oxygen will bubble off at the other end.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2685
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: News for the hydrogen revolution.

Post by zathrus on Thu 27 Mar 2014, 1:20 pm

Looks good, but I do not think that the fossil fuel bosses will allow it to happen very easily.

Oh and, that sound a bit dangerous to make hydrogen at home. I hope that nobody of any young age sees that and tries it. cherry

"BOOM!"

Current date/time is Mon 18 Dec 2017, 5:01 am