Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

As recession recedes, divorces grow.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12180
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

As recession recedes, divorces grow.

Post by papa_umau on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 12:10 pm

Official figures show that the number of British couples getting divorced has risen since the recession started to fade.

According to the Office for National Statistics there were 118,140 divorces in England and Wales in 2012, an increase of 0.5 per cent on the total for 2011.

The ONS said the year-on-year rise could be a reflection of the changing economic situation.

You think ? Twisted Evil

Read more on this from The Telegraph HERE

I think that it is not just coincidence that more couples are getting divorced, as when life is such a struggle for most of us and we constantly worry if we are going to be able to afford to heat, eat, and pay growing mortgages or rents without even getting one decent holiday a year, it is no wonder that marriages break down and the number of divorces is growing.

The growth in divorces is one great indicator that the feelgood factor is sadly missing in British life these days and that overall happiness is often out of reach for most of us.

Well folks, are YOU happy with your life and if not what should be done to make it happier ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: As recession recedes, divorces grow.

Post by zathrus on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 1:02 pm

While that is certainly a contribution to an unhappy marriage, I think that there is many more things that can go wrong in a marriage than that.
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2423
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 08 Feb 2014, 12:53 pm

I agree with Zathrus that marriage breakups are usually based on a number of factors even if money, or the lack of it, is certainly one of the most major of these factors.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12180
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 09 Feb 2014, 12:29 pm

I will give both of you that point, but I still say that any marriage that is suffering from poverty is going to be one that is built on a very risky foundation.

The best of marriages will draw the couples closer together in hard times but when a marriage is weakened in any way this condition is liable to break it fairly easily.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 19 Aug 2017, 12:52 am