Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Economic Recovery....Errr???

Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

Economic Recovery....Errr???

Post by Technician on Fri 31 Jan 2014, 2:30 pm

We ahould all be happy now George Osborne has hailed in the our new dawn and the new economic recovery..All will be well, we SHOULD NOT WORRY as we are all in it together!!!

Sobering news then as we all know wages have not kept up with inflation, and that food prices over the next 10 years are set to rocket.

Further cheer comes in the form of the debt mountain, now standing at some 50,000 for each UK citizen.

3/4 of the population carry some form of debt, and interest alone we are paying on the current national debt ( and it rising all the time ) equates with the total UK education budget.

Welcome to modern Britain

Technician
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2501
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Re: Economic Recovery....Errr???

Post by Angie baby on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 1:51 pm

Hi Technician, it's been a while since we talked.

As I see it, Osbone is basing the triumphant return to his feel-good factor by the figures he is getting that say that fewer are out of work and industrial output has risen.

Of course we all know that such figures can be easily fiddled and they can be viewed in many different ways.

He does not say that many of the new jobs that are out there are either zero-hour contracts that do not guarantee income or even regular work or are simply part-time jobs.

He never tries to say that the man/woman on the street say that they feel better off while his rich buddies seem to be happy to say that they are gaining by what his government office is doing for them.

I do not think that very many of the people of Britain will accept or agree that we are "all in this together" as we patently are not.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12447
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 02 Feb 2014, 12:46 pm

Well said Technician !

It beggars belief why Osborne and Cameron cannot see this obvious flaw in their logic, but that point will be brought home to them when they come asking for our votes next year.

What I wonder about is: If they are not going to generate enough Tory votes to set up a government, ( as they did last time ), who are they going to go to now for a coalition if the Liberal Democrats have been wiped from the face of politics ?

Maybe they will strike a deal with UKIP and that way they might get back some of the votes they have lost to them in the interim ?

Anybody ?

Papa......

Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

Economic recovery

Post by Technician on Sun 02 Feb 2014, 5:49 pm

Hi All,

Yes Angie, some great points there, particularly about the zero hour contracts. Many of the jobs are part time or temporary...but they don't mention that.

As for the Lib Dems they are a total waste of space....a 'dead party walking'. Who in their right mind would ever vote for them I do not know !!!. What DOES worry me is Nigel Farages thoughts. I shall support UKIP as Nigel is a great speaker, and I agree with their aims....Problem is if they sell themselved down the river and join up with the Tory's....So, do I take that chance ?.

A deperate Cameron may do that, and a desperate Nigel ( to access power, may agree to it! ). God forbid. I said I would NEVER vote Tory due to their widesprad backdoor privatisation of the NHS.

I would certainly NOT vote for the greens as I agree with fracking in principle, and nuclear power, so that rules me out.

Dosen't leave me many options apart from winning the lottery, and eloping with a gorgeous dolly bird on my own private yacht !!!

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12447
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Mon 03 Feb 2014, 12:04 pm

Hi again Technician.

When you talk like that I think we have more interests in common than we have that separate us, and there is no doubt that while Nigel and his boys do answer a few difficult questions that The Tories are not going to have the gonads to answer, they also have a few dark corners that are yet to fully come to light.

Farage is terrified that the extremists in his party are going to upset his carefully-worked applecart and I do not honestly think that he thinks he can fully trust his more "dedicated" followers.

We both totally agree that the Liberal Democrats are DEAD and will just not lie down, and David Cameron is also well aware of this fact and knows that he will not be able to depend on the Lib-Dem votes to get his party out of any holes at the election of 2015.

With all of that to mind, as I see it, the only party South of the border that I can vote for will be the Labour Party, and by then I hope that Ed Miliband will have shaped it into a party that many thousands, if not millions of true Labour supporters can come back to.

I would like to think that the "tax-and-spend" indictment, that the Tories STILL throw at Labour, will have been dropped and at last we will see a Labour government that will truly serve the great mass of the people once again.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 17 Oct 2017, 9:14 pm