Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Osborne to take a further £25 billion from poor.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12180
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Osborne to take a further £25 billion from poor.

Post by papa_umau on Tue 07 Jan 2014, 11:40 am

In a recent statement George Osborne said that he will have to claw back a further £25 billion from government expenditure, and he made clear that the largest part of that would come from the welfare budget once again.

Read THIS from The Independent newspaper.

We all know that Osborne will not take any more money from his rich friends, as part of his last manifesto was to ensure that the super-rich got better tax-breaks while government spending was under his control.

What I wonder about is: Why, if such savings are going to have to be made, do they not just save a hundred billion pounds, ( four times as much ), by scrapping Trident2 ?

I wonder where that significant amount of money is going to come from ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Osborne to take a further £25 billion from poor.

Post by zathrus on Thu 09 Jan 2014, 1:06 pm

If those plans do not wipe him off the face of British politics, nothing will.
    hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Number of posts : 586
    Registration date : 2013-07-27

Post by hughh on Thu 09 Jan 2014, 4:46 pm

£Millions he is going to save is by stopping people who come to this country to work and robbing our workers of jobs and then claiming money for their children who are not in this country.

Stopping immigrants claiming benefits straight the way.

Stopping NHS tourist.

Are these hurting our poor ????????
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12180
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Fri 10 Jan 2014, 12:55 pm

hughh wrote:£Millions he is going to save is by stopping people who come to this country to work and robbing our workers of jobs and then claiming money for their children who are not in this country.

Stopping immigrants claiming benefits straight the way.

Stopping NHS tourist.

Are these hurting our poor ????????

I have to take exception at some of those comments:

1 ). The great majority of immigrants take the work that the Brits do not want to do or that is available to them because we do not have the numbers with the requisite skills that they have.

2 ). They usually want to get to work as quickly as they can get a job as they want to send much of this money back to their relatives at home.

3 ). It is only the immigrants that cannot find work that want to claim benefits and your pal Cameron is now putting in many new rules so that these payments are delayed for increasingly longer periods.

Find out the details about this from HERE and HERE.

HERE is also a BBC news item on precisely this subject.

4 ). The "benefits tourism", especially health-benefits, now only works within the agreed EU members and we get the same or similar standards of minimum health services when we go to Europe as they get when they come here.

Benefits tourism services for people from non-EU countries - while on holiday, for example - are now very difficult to get.

( Oh and BTW.... ALL of the links that I supply for the use of the members of ROB are guaranteed not to have viruses or malware attached as I always test them myself first ).

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 19 Aug 2017, 12:52 am