Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

You can't trust the Tories with the NHS.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12456
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

You can't trust the Tories with the NHS.

Post by papa_umau on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 12:17 pm

David Cameron once famously said - before the last election - that "The NHS is safe in our hands", but since then he has done just about everything he can to privatise it as he thinks he can get away with.

His own major contribution to this end has been the taking of the cash that is ring-fenced and laid aside for the hospital trusts and giving it to all of the local GPs to dish out as they think fit.

Even Thatcher would not have dared to do that !

He also promised that the ring-fence of funding that has always been available to the NHS would not be touched, but yesterday, one of his senior Tories, Liam Fox, said that "at the next election this ring-fencing of NHS financing should be stopped".

Read the full story from The Guardian, HERE

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: You can't trust the Tories with the NHS.

Post by zathrus on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 12:32 pm

How true is that !

I don't trust them at all, with anything.
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2501
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 1:13 pm

Q - Will I tell you how you can know when Cameron is telling lies ?

A - His mouth moves !

Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

NHS and Tories

Post by Technician on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 3:52 pm

Hi all,

Yes, you cannot trust them. The money given to GP's has been given to 'Clinical Commissioning Groups', with the idea of providing services organised and run by 'clinical staff' for specific populations. In order to do this they have disbanded PCT's and SHA's, but in the process have 'created' more layers of organisation and 'consultant managers' to help run the show.

Its a dogs dinner, just like the billons lost in the 'IT programme'.....That said I had a colleague in my university department who forged his whole career around the NHS IT programme and is still milking it acting as a 'consultant' !

This is NOT a saving. This reorganisation has cost over 1 Billon and the cost is rising. Add to that the enroaching involvement of private sector providers in all aspects of care, and in the running of GP surgeries. We are being slowly led up towards privatisatition ( privatisation by stealth ). That fact ALONE ensures that I will NEVER vote Tory.

See this recent link for an update :

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/health-commissioning-groups-preparing-to-put-certain-medical-services-out-to-tender-9037834.html

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12456
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 05 Jan 2014, 1:00 pm

Yes Technician, that is EXACTLY what it is: "privatisation by stealth".

Of course most of us that are sentient would have known that as soon as that NHS money was taken out of the hands of the NHS trust hospitals and given to the GPs,. ( who are mostly privately employed ), this money would be frittered away into even more private pockets.

The fact that some of these services - as shown in that link - are now being put out to private tender just goes to prove that our NHS IS being slowly privatised.

I just hope that once the Tories get the boot in 2015, the next government, ( a Labour one I hope ), will reverse this process and get our wonderful NHS back into public hands once again.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017, 6:50 pm