Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Ryanair: the worst airline.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Ryanair: the worst airline.

Post by papa_umau on Sun 15 Dec 2013, 12:56 pm

In a survey done by the consumer magazine Which? Ryanair have been found to be the "WORST airline in Britain".

Short-haul passengers gave them one star out of five for luggage allowance, boarding process, legroom, and food and drink.

This Which? survey is a serious setback for Ryanair boss Michael O'Leary, who is facing the first profit-fall for his company in five years.

The Airline that received the highest number of votes was Guernsey's Aurigny Air Services.

As I see it, the budget airlines have been successful because they provide a service that is quick, efficient, cheap and reasonable, and Ryanair now fails on all four counts.

What say you ?

Papa......

Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

Ryanair

Post by Technician on Mon 16 Dec 2013, 7:45 pm

Hi All,

Yes Paps the are CRAP!!!. Ok, cheap, but they treat passensgers like dirt. I was very pro Ryanair until a year or two ago when I flew from Blackpool to Dublin ( that service no longer operates with Ryanair ).

I am VERY particular about luggage and weight, so on the outward journey we had a case each, well within the weight limits. We were touring about in Ireland for a few days and did not need heavy luggage or huge ammounts of stuff. No problem, weighed and boarded at Balckpool and off we went.

On our return we spent our final night in Dublin. We had bought no presents as my relatives have enough booze as it is, so we were not carrying extras etc. In fact we off loaded some items to the rubbish to reduce weight. A pair of older shoes and an old coat I now did not require. Our caes were LIGHTER than on our way out.

At Dublin there was quite line of people checking in, and I was slightly amused at the number of folks being told to pay extra weight charges; and I commented to my missues that it was a good thing we always weigh and check the cases. My mirth was short lived when I was greeted by a check in attendant who looked like a stand in for the SS. Too heavy she said, that will be 50!!.

I was too shocked to argue and had to get on the ruddy plane unless I wanted to swim the Irish sea with the b***dy cases. Back in Blackpool I had the things weighed, and yes, they did weigh less, but Ryanair would do b***er all about it. I can only conclude they had faulty scales, but there was a hell of a stink at Dublin airport, as it looked like the whole plane got charged.

I have never, and will never, fly with them again

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Re: Ryanair: the worst airline.

Post by papa_umau on Tue 17 Dec 2013, 12:05 pm

WOW Technician, thanks for that OUTRAGEOUS example. Twisted Evil

I think that they, ( Ryanair ), know that their passengers will not argue too loudly if they say that their luggage is overweight as it is just too much hassle to do so at a time when people just want to get on-board the aircraft with as little fuss as possible.

It is EXACTLY experiences like that that are killing Ryanair off as a budget airline as people are just not willing to fly with that carrier and suffer the inconvenience that they are forced to accept just for the sake of saving a few quid.

I hope Ryanair's advisors are pushing this point, as if they do not make some very quick changes this airline are going to go down the tubes and the likes of BA are going to be wringing their hands with glee.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2685
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 19 Dec 2013, 12:19 pm

I can't often afford to go abroad, but when I do I never go with Ryanair as, in my opinion, they are now the biggest bunch of crooks in the airline industry.

Technician is dead right about them.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 20 Dec 2013, 11:43 am

Well folks, as that is one hundred percent of the people who responded saying that they should be indicted as the worst low-cost airline in Britain, I guess that that survey was spot on and Ryanair are going to have to pull their socks up if they want to continue being a successful airline.

I also hope that someone, anyone, who works at Ryanair reads this thread and reports what this section of the British people feel about them.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2573
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 21 Dec 2013, 12:31 pm

I would just love to be able to pick and choose what airline I use when I go on holiday, as at the moment I usually go in a rowboat. Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 17 Dec 2017, 7:32 pm