Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The tin which needs NO introduction

TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-08-26

The tin which needs NO introduction

Post by TuppenceHapenny on Fri 06 Dec 2013, 11:55 pm

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product2?msg=&showResultsPage=true&predictiveSearchURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.game.co.uk%2Fwebapp%2Fwcs%2Fstores%2Fservlet%2FAjaxPredictiveSearchView%3FcatalogId%3D10201%26langId%3D44%26storeId%3D10151&langId=44&beginIndex=0&productId=181968&sType=SimpleSearch&pageSize=20&resultCatEntryType=2&searchTerm=tinner&pageView=image&searchBtn=Search...&catalogId=10201&storeId=10151&searchBtn.x=-866&searchBtn.y=-14&ddkey=http:mIndex#userReviews
    WOW long bloody URL!!!!
    This is one of the myriad reasons I really NEED to move to the UK. I mean REALLY???? lololol!
    Going by what I can find-it's a fake product. IF someone finds it tho... PLZ send me a tin? or maybe 2?
    Tuppence
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12196
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: The tin which needs NO introduction

Post by papa_umau on Sat 07 Dec 2013, 12:31 pm

Hi again Tuppence.

I think that you are already aware that that advert is just a clever way to draw traffic to the "Game" website. Very Happy

Even if one could buy a tin of Christmas Dinner, I don't think it would be easy to get all of the flavours of Christmas soup, turkey with gravy, brussel sprouts, roast potatoes and parsnips, cranberry sauce and sage-and-onion stuffing on top of either Christmas cake or pudding, all in one tin. affraid

Oh an BTW.... There are a number of sites that provide the service of converting long URLs into short ones.

Google does a great one that is itself only three letters long.

You will find it here ( You could put it into your browser's favourites list if you wanted to ).

There is also a great function included in the list of tags that is above every compose box on this site.

You will find it in the bottom left grey box and recognise it as an infinity icon on it's side with a little plus sign in a little green circle. If you want to use it to put a link into any piece you are writing, just click on it and fill the url into the drop down function, top box and any word that you want to use to refer to it in the bottom box and then click on "insert" and the converted link will be inserted at your cursor position.

I did this with the "Google" link above and it was inserted into the word "here".

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 07 Dec 2013, 1:14 pm

Hmmmm. that's clever.

I often look at all of those icons at the top of the compose page but I am a bit scared of them as I do not want to get into anything that I might not get out of.

Maybe you could give us a masterclass on what they are and how they work Papa.

Puleeese. Embarassed
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12196
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 08 Dec 2013, 11:56 am

I might just do that one day Angie, as few people here seem to use those handy tags.

Until then I would suggest that the folks that write to ROB should just give each of them a try and see what they do.

Clicking on one of them will do no harm whatsoever as the tags can just be deleted afterwards in the "edit" feature if you do not want them.

Papa......

Admin
    Owner & Editor in Chief
    Owner & Editor in Chief

Number of posts : 94
    Registration date : 2008-08-19

Post by Admin on Sun 08 Dec 2013, 12:02 pm

I have moved this topic to The Off Topic Chat Lounge because it was not actually a review.

Please try to keep this Review sub-forum for reviews of goods and services or for the comments on such reviews.

Paul R.

If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem !
    ( Eldridge Cleaver - Black civil-rights activist ).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:46 am