Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Rocket To Mars

hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Number of posts : 586
    Registration date : 2013-07-27

Rocket To Mars

Post by hughh on Tue 05 Nov 2013, 6:29 pm

This makes me feel sick and ripped off I just wonder how much of our aid money gone on this project. Aid money to India should be stopped now its certainly not going to the poor which there are many.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12108
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Rocket To Mars

Post by papa_umau on Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:28 am

Yes Hughh, there we agree totally again !

India is one of the trading tigers that run alongside the likes of China and the other low-waged countries, and the money that is made from exports to the world from India could feed all of their starving millions and give them an NHS to rival ours.

Like all third-world countries the massive incomes that are received - by some - via that low wage policy very seldom goes to the people that work to earn those great amounts.

Being a technophile I am not against space exploration, but as you say, it is simply crazy that we send millions of pounds in aid to India when it is now a very rich country that could properly look after it's own AND do some space exploration at the same time if all of the money that goes into the hands of the already-rich in India was to be spent more carefully.

I guess that they have a much more severe version of "the rich get richer while the poor get poorer" than we do in Britain, even if this indictment does also apply to us to a great degree.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2520
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 07 Nov 2013, 1:17 pm

You're right Hugh. It is ridiculous that we are sending 280 million every year to India in aid when they can not only get into the space race when America have just pulled out, but they have become one of the richest countries in the world with their powerful trading policies.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12108
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Fri 08 Nov 2013, 12:43 pm

I am actually surprised at the Tory-led government doing this as one would imagine that the Tories might be against international aid spending.

This is a policy that might suit a Labour government better than a Tory government.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2406
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 12:57 pm

I have mixed feelings about this one as while I see the well-fed and clothed kids coming into my class I often think about the starving children right around the third world.

Maybe we should do more politically to force these countries to spend their riches better as if we did many of the children that die of sickness and starvation might not then die.

Throwing money at them only encourages them to waste this cash instead of trying to solve their population growth and the spreading of shanty towns for the very poor.

If I was Cameron, I would only give them the money if they could prove that it would be spent where it is needed and ten times that amount was also spent there by the Indian government too.

hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Number of posts : 586
    Registration date : 2013-07-27

Post by hughh on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 1:30 pm

The UK is to end financial aid to India by 2015, international development secretary

A short while ago I was talking to a rich Indian who lives on our road and he said we were stupid giving aid to India. They have no interest in helping the poor and needy because there is far to many of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jul 2017, 1:45 pm