Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Communist China to build next Brit Nuke plants.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11956
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Communist China to build next Brit Nuke plants.

Post by papa_umau on Fri 18 Oct 2013, 11:51 am

While David Cameron's Tory politics could not be further from China's Communist politics he seems still willing to allow China into Britain to build the next slew of nuclear power plants.

It was reported in the press yesterday that a China/France consortium are going to build the first of a line of new Nuclear Power plants in Britain. This first new nuclear plant is to be built at Hinkley Point and is to cost around 14 billion.

Much of the cash that is coming in to build this new plant will come from China and will add to the already large share that China has of ownership of our country.

I have to ask: Is this a safe way to be going about such security-sensitive developments.

Anybody ?

Papa......

hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Number of posts : 586
    Registration date : 2013-07-27

Re: Communist China to build next Brit Nuke plants.

Post by hughh on Fri 18 Oct 2013, 6:13 pm

An hard one to answer Papa but China our biggest export market so I hear. Just hope they are not bringing in all their workers to build the power station.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 19 Oct 2013, 11:24 am

China may be our biggest IMPORT market as it is very difficult to export to China because of their protectionist import controls. ( Our largest export market is to the European Union ).

That said, while I am sure that while most of the workforce might be British - as we have a lot of knowledge in the area of nuclear energy - I am also sure that the experts and many of the key-workers will come from France as it will be a French design that will be used for the new power-plant.

What the Chinese are good at is throwing money into Western countries so that we are afterwards in debt to them.

I was reading recently that if China were to draw in all of the debt that is owed to them by the great US-of-A, America would immediately go bankrupt.

Sounding a bit like a cynic, I know... I might even suggest that that would be the way that Communism could take over the world instead of making war on us.

Last edited by papa_umau on Mon 21 Oct 2013, 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2377
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 19 Oct 2013, 12:01 pm

I found this one a bit funny in a way as we have not heard anything about the "reds under the beds" for a long time.

The thing is that because of China's great trading power the top bosses in the Communist Chinese hierarchy are making lots of money out of their low-paid peasant workers, which they are looking for ways to spend outside of China.

I guess that if they are not stopped they will eventually own the world.

If they ever do that then we will all have to start wearing little red caps and scarves like the Chinese children already wear. cherry Evil or Very Mad

hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by hughh on Sun 20 Oct 2013, 10:48 am

You have a relook on how much we do export to China. Made in Britain is a sign of good quality and not forgetting how much Whisky sold to them.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 20 Oct 2013, 12:50 pm

Hughh, the "Made in Britain" logo is virtually destroyed as our manufacturing-industry base was destroyed by Maggie Thatcher during her war against the workers of Britain.

We used to be famous for heavy industry, shipbuilding, steel-making, clothes-making, car-making, and many other things that carried the "Made in Britain" logo but nowadays we either import these things from low-waged countries like China and India etc' or the few factories that are still making such things here are owned by the Chinese, the Japanese, the Arabs, or the Americans.

Of course, you are right about the whisky industry as up here in Scotland, as we still make whisky-products that are wanted all around the world, especially in China and Japan. BUT... that is not "Made in Britain", it is "Made in Scotland". Whisky exporting is probably the only exporting that we still do, to the world, in any large amounts in this run-down country.

Also mostly from Scotland, we do convert a lot of the light crude oil that comes from the North Sea into road and aviation fuel and many other petrochemical materials, like plastics, from the massive Grangemouth Petro-chemical complex owned by Swiss company Ineos, ( which they bought from BP ), but that too might end soon as the owners are threatening to shut it down after an industrial dispute.

We do have a lot of ties with the EU as far as import and export is concerned,SEE THIS from The BBC, and even if we still do a fair bit of trade with other parts of the world we still import much more than we export. ( This is called the trade gap ).

Papa......

hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by hughh on Mon 21 Oct 2013, 10:53 am

You are very wrong Papa even Chinese cars made in UK are wanted back in China. The made in Britain means good quality and wanted through out the world. Margaret Thatcher didn't break it she repaired it. Under Wilson the car industry was in tatters now new plants are being built to make cars for export. They could have built them abroad and got cheap labour but they know made in Britain will mean good quality and will sell.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 21 Oct 2013, 11:35 am

If you read the reviews of the re-sale and lastability of cars in the car magazines, as I do, you will find that almost always it is the cars that are made in the far East - and sometimes Germany - that both hold their second-hand value and are the most dependable cars on the world markets.

It is admirable that you still uphold the "made in Britain" maxim in high esteem but in real life this once-great badge is now very rarely seen on goods bought in Britain or across the world.

If you really want to find out what is the truth in this subject just go to the AA site HERE and you will find that the few carmakers that are owned by Brits are low-volume and very expensive and that any of the car-making plants that do make volume cars here, ( of the few that are left ), are now owned by foreign companies and sport foreign badges.

Papa......

hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by hughh on Mon 21 Oct 2013, 2:43 pm

We don't own if any car plants but we do produce cars with British workers and are well sort after in the far East. Yet one more new plant being built near Coventry to cater for the demand. All Chines cars built in UK have the made in Britain sign on them. UK on the mend and the future looks very bright.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 22 Oct 2013, 11:44 am

Yes Hughh, I am sure that we HAVE sold our souls to the foreign companies that have the cash to buy our struggling manufacturing bases both on cars and in many other goods, but I have often wondered if just getting jobs from these foreign owners is enough of an argument to sell out to them every time.

It certainly does look as if the Tories are willing to sell just about anything that is not nailed down here to foreign buyers so long as they can keep saying to us that they are creating jobs.

Very soon Britain will be a country that is employed but very seldom employs anybody.

I mean, do we really want our country to be owned by the Chinese, the Japanese, the Americans, and/or the Arabs ?

Papa......

bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2012-11-28

China-superpower

Post by bowsertoad on Tue 22 Oct 2013, 12:53 pm

been a bloody long time, I hope you are all well.

The chinese will be basically paying for the plant under the current agreement to fund the west's debt, so why not use their work force, good workers the chinese, better then most in britain.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 22 Oct 2013, 1:10 pm

Hi there Bowsertoad, it is great to see you back. You have been sorely missed.

I do see what you are saying there mate as you are dead right that the Chinese Communist government are buying up as much of the West's debt as they can get their hands on.

This could, in the future be a very dangerous thing, as anytime there are debts owned by monied people or countries it is the debt-holders that then have the power.

Do we REALLY want China to hold as much of our debt as it holds of America's debt ?

While you are right about Chinese people being very hard working, ( as we have seen all over the world where they have opened Chinese restaurants and have been historically employed as navvies ), I don't actually see too many ordinary workers being imported from China to help to build nuclear power stations as we have all of these skills in Britain and Europe already.

I do see many key-workers coming from the French EDF company that are going to be able to build this French-designed reactor-system, paid for by China.

No doubt we will find all this out soon after the build of the new Hinkley Point nuclear power-station gets under way.

Papa......

bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2012-11-28

Post by bowsertoad on Tue 22 Oct 2013, 1:16 pm

Thank you for the kind words Pap.

The chinese are hungry to control, iin my life time I think I will see china rulling the world, but I hope not, i hope we can sort this mess out.

In poland to prepare for the Euro championship, they imported 10k chinese migrant workers to biuld the stadiums, mainlky because most of the able builders were working in England, and the Chinese were cheaper then the locals.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6922538.stm
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 22 Oct 2013, 1:32 pm

Yes Bowsie, that trick works all around the world and it is driven by cost of living and standard of living attached to local wages.

The poles coming here to get better wages and being displaced by Chinese workers that are used to earning a bowl of rice a day is what happens when an uncontrolled and wide open free market is allowed to dictate the movement of workers around the globe.

Papa......

hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by hughh on Wed 23 Oct 2013, 2:19 pm

Not sure who is British who is not at this point in time Papa. At least the Chinese are creating jobs in UK and paying above the minimum wage where as our so called friend from the USA have close a van plant down south and moved it to Turkey for cheap labour.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 24 Oct 2013, 12:28 pm

It is difficult to tar all nationalities with one brush and because of this I usually look at them one at a time.

Having said that, I think we are all aware that the massive amounts of money that China now has because of it's extremely low-wages at home, it's aggressive exporting policies, and our greed for cheap Chinese goods, means that we are actually quite weak as far as resisting China's serious attempts at taking over our country by the back door.

Even while Cameron is a confirmed Tory and a serious rightist, he seems willing to accept money from a Communist Chinese power that has been internationally condemned for it's very poor human relations, and it would appear that this money is buying out all of Cameron's political and personal principles.

People who will do ANYTHING for money are usually called "whores".

Papa......

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Interesting update to this thread......

Post by papa_umau on Thu 31 Oct 2013, 11:44 am

City analysts, Liberum Capital, ( who The Tories usually use to help to direct their policies ), have shocked ministers by stating that the deal that Cameron has made with the French firm, EDF, and their Chinese financiers to build the first of a string of new Nuclear power stations at Hinkley point will finish up being the most expensive power station ever built, that will give rich rewards to it's Chinese investors.

It is claimed that they could rake in 1billion a year in profit from the plant compared with the 2.1billion total a year that the big six energy companies make from all of their generation arms.

Liberium Capitalist analysts Peter Atherton and Mulu Sun said they were "flabbergasted" that the government had agreed to go ahead with the deal.They also said that it appears that the government are gambling on energy costs continuing to soar to make the plant cost-effective.

They also said: "That once again the UK government are taking a massive bet about rising fossil-fuel prices, and if that bet proves to be wrong then this contract will turn out to be economically insane!"

Maybe it is time that the Tory ministers started to listen to their own advisers if they do not want to make a serious mistake here that might lead to many more similar mistakes when the rest of the new nuclear energy plants required are built by this foreign consortium ?

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 28 Jun 2017, 9:50 am