Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Poverty in Scotland.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Poverty in Scotland.

Post by papa_umau on Wed 16 Oct 2013, 11:04 am

OK, I know that this is a British forum-set, but I often use my own homeland to highlight what may be happening in the rest of the country.

It appears that this Con-Dem government are imposing their draconian austerity policies on this country that never elected them in the first place, and even with only one MP being sent from Scotland to Westminster we are forced to accept the torture that the rest of the country have to accept too.

In a recent Save The Children report it has been highlighted that since the hated bedroom tax and the severe benefit cuts were introduced and have been applied to Scotland, 23,000 Scots, including 7,000 children have been forced to turn to Trussell Trust food banks to fend off starvation.

This figure is a shocking increase of 19,000 on the same period last year.

For the first time since the 1930s the spectre of hunger in such severe proportions has once again hit the streets of this country.

This government are dragging us back to the Dickensian days of the poorhouse and the begging bowls and, if this is not at least one great argument for independence then nothing is !

Anybody ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2685
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Poverty in Scotland.

Post by zathrus on Thu 17 Oct 2013, 1:28 pm

Yeah, I saw that in the news last night.

If it is happening up in Scotland it must be happening everywhere else in Britain.

It's a damned disgrace.
    hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Number of posts : 586
    Registration date : 2013-07-27

Post by hughh on Thu 17 Oct 2013, 3:25 pm

Have A good look and you will find the bedroom taxs only really being enforced in none tory control areas. Food banks which are now being advertised and more are opening each week was banned while labour were in power because it would have made them look bad. Back to bedroom tax Tories are getting more council houses built to solve the housing problems. Being a member of this forum as really made me investigate and I have found the labour party do more harm to the poor than the Tories. Rich become tory MPs. Poor become labour MPs to become rich.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 18 Oct 2013, 11:21 am

I guess it is all about where you look.

While I would agree that the few Tory controlled local councils seldom see many people from the bedroom tax sections of our society, ( because these Tory controlled areas are almost always affluent ones anyway ), I cannot agree that Labour has done more harm to these struggling people than the Tories have as it is from these people that the Labour voters can be usually found and Labour need to look after the ones that vote for them.

Of course, as I keep saying; We cannot include Tony Blair's New-Labour in this as they were just poor Tory copies while they were in power.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2573
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 19 Oct 2013, 12:08 pm

We simply cannot avoid the truth that since the Tory coalition took over the food-banks and the bread lines have grown steadily.

They might even say that the ones that can get something for nothing will always do it, but I say that even the very poor do not like the loss of self-respect that is felt when having to go begging for food.

It's a national disgrace and the Con-Dem government should feel ashamed of themselves.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 20 Oct 2013, 12:17 pm

Well said Angie.

The thing is that either the Tories do not think they are doing anything wrong here or they know they are and they don't give a damn.

After all their own kind won't be caught up in the need for food banks or bread lines, will they ?

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 18 Dec 2017, 2:33 pm