Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Walkers Crisps - Pickled Onion Flavour

wheel

Number of posts : 72
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Walkers Crisps - Pickled Onion Flavour

Post by wheel on Wed 26 Nov 2008, 9:59 pm

I have recently tried to purchase Walkers Pickled onion flavoured crips, but for some reason you can't seem to get them anywhere now?

So I e-mailed walkers cisps and asked if they still produce this flavour, the first e-mail said, try asking your local store to stock this flavour! Not happy with this reply I e-mailed walkers again.

There second reply said "YOU CAN ONLY BUY WALKERS PICKLED ONION FLAVOUR IN SCOTLAND!!!!

Are they trying to make a smoke screen to us all by actually not admitting that this flavour as been WITHDRAWN. Does withdrawing a flavour show weakness in the company?

PAPS....Have you recently seen Walkers Pickled Onion Flavour in Scotland or not even give it a thought?

(Not...Walkers Pickled Onion Munster Munchies, which is still available in all shops)

confused

wheel.

Re: Walkers Crisps - Pickled Onion Flavour

Post by Guest on Wed 26 Nov 2008, 10:19 pm

Strikes me a deal is there to be had

All we need to know is ppms fave flave and a new England/Scotland trade can be started up

MotCo
    Doctormalc

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2008-08-22

Crisps

Post by Doctormalc on Thu 27 Nov 2008, 9:04 am

Hi Wheel,

This does not surprise me in the least..I never buy Walkers. I had a complaint about them some time ago and I got nowhere. Their customer care is the pits and they give crap value for money....get some other crisps and think of the pickled onion flavour as a lost cause !

Dr Malc
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11937
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Thu 27 Nov 2008, 11:57 am

Got to agree with Dr Malc here as Walker's crisps are the biggest rip-off in all of the crisp manufacturers. They have been slowly reducing the amount of crisps in the bag for many years now so that we are not supposed to notice but I HAVE and I am sure that many more have too.

As far as "flavours" is concerned I actually prefer "potato" flavour and that is why I make my own with a clever little slicer I once bought. If you have never tried it you really should as if you slice your favourite potato very thinly, ( leaving the skins on ), then cook them in deep oil for a few seconds and drain them dry on kitchen roll, you will find that they are MUCH better than those greasy commercial efforts.

When my three grandchildren come to visit they almost always shout for me to make some "Grandad crisps" and we all love them.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Nov 2008, 1:04 pm

Jeez and I thought had heard the Scots were tight but that takes the f***ing biscuit!!!!

Paps you are a tight arsed skinflint of the highest order. You have just revealed your true bent - getting blood out of stones.

The world needs more people like you to kick start the economy!

MotCo
    riders_on_the_storm
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 463
    Registration date : 2008-08-25

Post by riders_on_the_storm on Thu 27 Nov 2008, 9:08 pm

All I care about now is that they have brought back the proper old (well nearly) monster munch. Try making them in your slicer paps!

I distinctly remember seeing pickled onion flavour walkers somewhere but I'll defo keep my eye out for them. And motco they always do this with food you like, like peanut boosts (star bar) or KP Salt and Vinegar or BBQ Flavoured tuna...where the hell did they go?

Andrew

Post by Guest on Fri 28 Nov 2008, 7:55 am

The reality is they come and go because....nobody buys them!

I remember tomato sauce flavour, tandoori flavour.....even haggis flavour (hedgehog flavour was a different issue but relevant nontheless)

Choice is being reduced all the time by the powers that be. The need to keep stock turned over fast to meet obligatory sell by dates.

MotCo
    wheel

Number of posts : 72
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Cadbury - Star Bars

Post by wheel on Fri 28 Nov 2008, 2:00 pm

Star Bars - Yep, alive and kicking in the West Midlands.

You can buy them at Tesco's and smaller outlets as well!

In my opinion Star Bars are much better than Cadburys Boost which are similar.

wheel.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 24 Jun 2017, 1:20 pm