Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The Northerners want independence too !

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12108
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

The Northerners want independence too !

Post by papa_umau on Mon 16 Sep 2013, 12:23 pm

The referendum on Scottish independence is just a year away and, as Neil Tweedie of The Telegraph discovers, there are many people from south of the border who want to live in a new country to the North.

Read more about this interesting idea HERE.

What do you good folks say about this ?

Do you think that the people from the North of England are as fed up of London rule as the Scots are, and should something radical be done about this ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2520
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: The Northerners want independence too !

Post by zathrus on Thu 19 Sep 2013, 12:33 pm

Well mate, I am one of those "Northerners" and I would like to see the North cut away from London rule too.

How we might go about it is another matter altogether.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 20 Sep 2013, 1:16 pm

All Nationalists right around the world are drawn to independence and that is why they are - in many cases - willing to fight to the death for this kind of freedom.

At least if the people of Scotland vote for independence next year, they will get it via this democratic decision while many Nationalist groups around the world will never get independence as in these places democracy is not applied as it should be.

I am thinking, for example, of the people in the Basque region of Spain and the people who are held down in the corner of China, called Tibet.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2406
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 12:34 pm

A very good indication as to what Nationalism is all about Papa.

Mind you, when Nationalists are refused this kind of independence they very quickly turn into terrorists.
    Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

Post by Technician on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 5:25 pm

Yes, as a 'northern' lad I would think independence from the rest of the Uk would be great, in particualr from the 'SOUTH'

Could I suggest:

A WALL built around Lancashire to keep the others out ( In patrticular those from Yorkshire )

A seperate currency ( The 'Fettler' )

A seperate defence strategy ( The wall could be manned by East Lancashire treacle miners, fortified with Black Pudding mortars and supplied with provisions from the Wigan pie shops )

Keep out the EU...we will brew our own beer, call it what we want, make our own cheese ( pasturised or otherwise, and ban the Euro ( unless they give us a damn good rate for the 'Fettler' )

Cultivate our own dialect, no mamby pamby accents here

Produce our own constitiution and provide foreign aid to Birmingham where the majority of the population can be treated for their speech defect

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 23 Sep 2013, 11:46 am

That looks like a new war of the roses Technician ! Twisted Evil

Of course - I think - that all that is tongue in cheek and even if the Northerners find themselves very different from the South Easterners and the Londoners I cannot ever see Engurland being broken up in that way.

A Northern "assembly" MIGHT be on the cards where the North could get a bit of devolution from London, but if London let it go that far a fight for freedom from London rule might not be far away. Then, you might really need those black-pudding mortars and Wigan-pie bombs. Shocked

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1226
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Wed 09 Oct 2013, 12:10 pm

Reminds me of a song by Grant Baynam titled The Birmingham Song. (don't know if it is on Youtube anywhere)

It would be interesting if Britain could be re-split along the old Saxon Boundaries ( including Norhumbria, Mercia and Wessex, as well as the smaller Saxon lands of Sussex and Kent)
    That of course would leave me looking fo a new home, should I go to Cornwall, Wales or my ancestral homeland of Lesser Britain (Brittany)?

Cheers, HG
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:34 am

Yes HG, there are many sub-divisions in the counties of Britain where nationalism, ( with a small "n" ) does hold sway to a degree.

I guess that the people who live in these regions have to want their "independence" from London badly enough for any of these sub-races to actually get it.

I think, ( coming from a position of bias of course ), that it is only the Scottish Nationalists that want this kind of a separation from London rule badly enough, to actually get it in a referendum vote. At least, being an SNP supporter, I hope so.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jul 2017, 1:42 pm