Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

IF Leaders were to change.

hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Number of posts : 586
    Registration date : 2013-07-27

IF Leaders were to change.

Post by hughh on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:02 am

If new leaders took over before the next election just who would you like and who do you believe will become leaders. In my view Boris Johnson is a front runner for the Conservatives. Labour party no one seems to jump out at me.

Why do I think there will be change in many peoples views Ed is not strong enough to be a leader and his relationship with the unions just not helping.

Cameron, that universal credit could be his poll tax. In theory sound a good idea but could plunge many poor people into poverty until all problems are sorted out, that's if they can be sorted.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: IF Leaders were to change.

Post by papa_umau on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:58 am

An interesting question Hughh !

I too think that Boris Johnson has a lot of support for that position in the Tory party, but as I don't think they will get in next time I also think that he might make a decent Leader of The Opposition.

It is true that Ed Miliband does not have half of the charisma of Blair or even his brother David, but maybe it is time that we gave this job to someone who is not charismatic but who truly has his heart in his politics.

Ed Miliband has still to prove himself and I have no doubt that he will once he has been given the chance.

As far as the Universal Credit idea is concerned:

I can see where Cameron is coming from here as the benefits system is horribly complicated as it is and it needs to be simplified, but this one-hat-fits-all idea has so far been proven in testing that it is going to a be a very hard thing to make work and to administrate if there is not to be more losers than gainers amongst the people at the bottom end of society that depend on such support.

Papa......

hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by hughh on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 12:23 pm

Moving away from the question Papa who will win the next election is not the question. IE There may be some one in the conservative party you would like to be in charge, because he or she may not be too hard right, although Boris Johnson would be the likely winner of a leadership contest.
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2573
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 12:31 pm

Party leaders come and go as do Prime Ministers, and a lot of water still has to go under the bridge before the next general election.

Personally, I don't fancy any of them at the moment.
    hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by hughh on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 12:58 pm

Hi Angie not a very easy question to answer but give it some thought and you may come up with some thing.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:17 pm

hughh wrote:If new leaders took over before the next election just who would you like and who do you believe will become leaders. In my view Boris Johnson is a front runner for the Conservatives. Labour party no one seems to jump out at me.

Why do I think there will be change in many peoples views Ed is not strong enough to be a leader and his relationship with the unions just not helping.

Cameron, that universal credit could be his poll tax. In theory sound a good idea but could plunge many poor people into poverty until all problems are sorted out, that's if they can be sorted.
    """"Cameron, that universal credit could be his poll tax. In theory sound a good idea but could plunge many poor people into poverty until all problems are sorted out, that's if they can be sorted.""""

This is precisely what your hero Thatcher did Hughh, plunged people into poverty.

It is a very easy question to answer. I believe in traditional Labour because traditional Labour gave us the NHS. I'm not fickle, I dont care who stands as Labour leader, i'll vote Labour any day because Labour protects the vulnerable.

Ivanhoe
    hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by hughh on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:50 pm

Now you have had your say how about answering the post Ivanhoe.

If new leaders took over before the next election just who would you like and who do you believe will become leaders. In my view Boris Johnson is a front runner for the Conservatives. Labour party no one seems to jump out at me

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:18 pm

hughh wrote:Now you have had your say how about answering the post Ivanhoe.

If new leaders took over before the next election just who would you like and who do you believe will become leaders. In my view Boris Johnson is a front runner for the Conservatives. Labour party no one seems to jump out at me
    Hughh, I couldnt give a damn who leads the Tories, they are finished in 2015. Re-Labour ?. You stick to the Tories, they suit you.
    hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by hughh on Sun 08 Sep 2013, 8:50 am

If you don't wish to join in on a topic that's your choice Ivanhoe, other wise leave it alone. extract from my topic which you seem to have missed.

Labour party no one seems to jump out at me.

So who do you think will make a good leader of the labour party should Ed should be removed

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 08 Sep 2013, 10:18 am

hughh wrote:If you don't wish to join in on a topic that's your choice Ivanhoe, other wise leave it alone. extract from my topic which you seem to have missed.

Labour party no one seems to jump out at me.

So who do you think will make a good leader of the labour party should Ed should be removed
    Hughh, Harriet Harmen/John Prescott.

But again, nobody would jump out at you, Hughh, because you have all the wrong instincts.

Question, What would you want to see/and or hear, from a Labour minister, for that person to jump out, for you to say he/she would make a good Labour leader ?

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 08 Sep 2013, 1:18 pm

Don't get me wrong here, but I think that Hughh means that just about all of the leaders of all of the parties are showing lack of leadership and clarity of purpose at the moment.

Cameron has seriously blotted his copybook in many ways.

Clegg has been tainted by his association with Cameron.

Miliband is not making the headway he should as far as a good leader is concerned.

And, very few of the others in all of the parties have the qualities that might make a great Prime Minister.

A lot of Miliband's shadow cabinet members are also still tainted as ex-Blairites and New-Labour clones and our Ed needs to clean house and get rid of these dangerous people if he wants to look like a solid statesman for the future.

JMHO !

Papa......

hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by hughh on Sun 08 Sep 2013, 3:11 pm

Thank you Papa for clearing up any misunderstanding. I put forward Boris Johnson as the new leader of the Conservative party, that if Cameron doesn't pull off what he is trying. He only won by a very narrow margin because stated he was going to give every one a very hard time with cuts. I believe he as only got one more year to show good signs of progress before he gets the boot. I cannot see anyone in the Labour party standing up to Boris in a pre-election debate. Will be very interesting to see how Ed stands up to the Unions at their conference. I do agree Ed must get rid of Blaire mates and find new blood or in my view as no chance of becoming Prime Minister.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 12:01 pm

Yes, Hughh, no matter that Boris is a bit of a buffoon, he has more Charisma in his blonde shock of hair than Cameron has in his whole body.

I too can see him as the next Tory leader !

Whether he will be Prime Minister or just another Leader of the Opposition or not, we will just have to wait and see.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 18 Dec 2017, 10:16 pm