Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Ed Miliband

hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Number of posts : 586
    Registration date : 2013-07-27

Ed Miliband

Post by hughh on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 6:57 pm

Its pretty clear on here Cameron not trusted because he his rich may be looking after his rich mates and he is the leader of the Conservative party. Ed Miliban been trying to gain points because of these facts and of course he's a poor leader of the Labour party. Cameron doesn't try to hide his wealth but Ed Miliband does. He lives in a 2 million home. He earns 130,000 his wife 200,000 how much he is worth they believe 5 Million plus. If he should ever become PM will we be saying he's looking after his rich mates? My self I ignore the name of the party and look at the people who are in charge. They are all rich and not one of us.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12198
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Ed Miliband

Post by papa_umau on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 11:40 am

Maybe the better way to describe these people is not by being jealous about their wealth, but by being aware of their privileged positions in our society.

Normally I don't hammer people for their wealth, so long as they have earned it by the strength in their arms and the brains in their heads, but I ALWAYS attack the ones that have it that never earned it.

Privilege is almost always a situation that gives these people standards of life that they often do not deserve.

There might be a few of these millionaires in Cameron's cabinet that have actually earned their millions, but I doubt it.

One thing that cannot be denied is that these people always stick together to protect their privileged positions in British life.

Last edited by papa_umau on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by hughh on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 12:36 pm

What I have tried to point out is all our leaders are very rich, so we should just forget what flag they fly and vote for the party which you think will help the poor and needy. I have already ruled out 2 million Clegg all he's after is a top job in Europe. I am not going to vote for the Conservative party because I did quite well when MT was in power. Equally I am not ruling out labour because of the way they treated the forces. Its time now to wait and see.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 11:48 am

Yes Hughh, "wait and see" is a very good maxim until closer to the general election or 2015.

Again, I don't think that it is riches that make the successful political leader, I think that it is a true listening ability where even if they are well off, ( which the all are not ), they can still serve the ordinary people of Britain so long as they do not have a lot of people to pay back for finances received that went before.

The maxim of "quid-pro-quo" influences far too many politicians and most of these kinds of politicians are right-wing ones with too many close ties to the free market system to be at all impartial.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 12:04 pm

Papa, you are right as it is not about richness it is about privilege.

There are far too many people in Britain that are jealous about the money that other people have.

Mind you, it is easy to be jealous about the rich fat-cats as us poor folks see what they take for granted while we struggle to even pay our energy bills.
    hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by hughh on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 1:39 pm

When you have the money both Ed and Cameron have, they are not doing it for the money. In my view they are both right wing so voting Ed because he fly's the labour flag won't wash with me. At the moment its a waiting game.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 11 Aug 2013, 12:34 pm

Oh, I don't think that Ed Miliband is in any way "right-wing" even if his brother David WAS a Blairite.

There has been front bench rumblings from Miliband's opposition because some of them think that he might be leaving it too late to appeal to the British voters.

The Labour lead in the polls has been cut recently to five percent over the Tories, and that is just not good enough to go into a general election with.

Papa......

hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by hughh on Sun 18 Aug 2013, 6:23 pm

There are far too many people in Britain that are jealous about the money that other people have.

To be honest Angie I just couldn't care less what others have. I am just happy that I have kept my good health to enjoy what I have saved through out the years through doing with out. Money will never bring happiness. I would hate to have millions you would always have to be on your guard against criminals.
    zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 22 Aug 2013, 12:31 pm

Just give me the money, and I will look after it quite well thank-you.

It is nice to have the choice is it not ?
    hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by hughh on Thu 22 Aug 2013, 3:41 pm

zathrus wrote:Just give me the money, and I will look after it quite well thank-you.

It is nice to have the choice is it not ?

The way I look at it, its just a waste of time being envious of other peoples wealth. Never mind how poverty stricken you are in UK there are many in other countries would love to take your place.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 23 Aug 2013, 12:43 pm

Yes Hughh, before we value what we have we have to evaluate that against the people who have less than we have.

Everything is relative to something else before we can find out it's true value.

That is why I say that when we use the word "poverty" we have to lay that word against the standard and cost of living and the wages of the actual country we live in instead of comparing it with say, the abject poverty in central Africa, for example.

The British national minimum wage for over 21s will rise to 6.31 an hour in October and that rate is set at slightly below the poverty-rate as it is evaluated in Britain.

Have a look at THIS site to find out what we SHOULD be earning if we want to subsist successfully in Britain.

Papa......

hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by hughh on Fri 23 Aug 2013, 4:28 pm

Just talking about the minimum hourly rate is just a joke. Started while Blaire was in power millions now have a zero hour contracts or self employed. So over a forty hour they could be paid well below the minimum rate. To be serious the zero hour contracts not a bad idea in many cases if not abused by the employer. A small firm can take on workers and not have to worry if contracts dry up.

What ever your income you just have to do the best you can with it. I don't smoke and only have a drink while on holiday and then its a pint not pints. I would just loved to have the money which my next door but one as. Her roof covered with solar panels. She wants for nothing, surprising how well you can live on benefits.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 24 Aug 2013, 12:25 pm

As someone who has obviously never had to survive on benefits I don't think you really know how hard it is to subsist while getting the minimum handouts that this government give and are slowly taking away again day by day.

It is not an accident that the levels of benefits and the levels of the minimum wage are set at just below the British poverty level as that level is supposed to make people want to get out and work.

Of course it does not work like this as in many cases the benefit receivers are being caught in what is known as the "poverty trap" where they cannot earn as much by working and paying tax as they can get while on benefits.

The best and only way to fix this is to ensure that the wages paid for the people who are willing to work are at a level that is higher than what they would receive on benefits.

Papa......

hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by hughh on Wed 04 Sep 2013, 3:19 pm

Eds making a brave stand against the unions one of them already reduced funds to the party by 90% and may not giving anything towards the election expenses. Got to give him credit for his stand against the unions but getting funds directly from union members and labour supporters could be a problem. Just hope for everyone's sake he pulls it off.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:45 am

Yes Ed Miliband's stance against the unions, ( triggered by the vote-fixing row in Falkirk ), has brought mixed fortunes to himself.

He knows that as long as big business is bankrolling the Tories he and Labour are going to need as much money as he can get to ensure that his party do not get into serious debt at general elections.

It is actually sad that political parties should have to form up such partnerships in return for money as that always suggests that they are somehow giving quid-pro-quo in return.

There has been talk in the past that such incomes from both sources should be banned and that a fixed sum be given to every party, ( from the treasury ), to pay for election expenses.

As this would incur great cost to the taxpayer I do not ever see it happening.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 11:57 am