Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

    Margaret Thatcher

    Share
    avatar
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

    Number of posts : 12180
    Points : 18364
    Reputation : -25
    Registration date : 2008-08-23
    Age : 73
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Margaret Thatcher

    Post by papa_umau on Tue 13 Aug 2013, 10:41 am

    Hughh....you will always be welcome here even if you are even only a bit "true blue" Laughing 

    In fact, having a right-wing-leaning contributor gives excellent balance to the debates on ROB.

    What I have to ensure here is that people who contribute to ROB do not make personal attacks on anybody and especially not the general ethos of the board, which is undoubtedly to the left of centre.

    As you do not do this, you will - as I already said - "always be welcome here".


    _________________
    Best of regards

    Papa......


    avatar
    hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Number of posts : 586
    Points : 2137
    Reputation : 0
    Registration date : 2013-07-27
    Age : 77
    Location : rainworth

    Re: Margaret Thatcher

    Post by hughh on Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:19 pm

    Papa I am neither left nor right. As far as I can see we have two right wing parties to choose from Conservatives and Labour and at this present time neither will get my vote. Its pretty clear Eds pulling away from the unions so he going to be looking to his rich mates for backing. UKIP will be a gamble but they certainly won't get number one spot. My feeling its going to be a coalition once again but this time with conservatives & UKIP
    avatar
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

    Number of posts : 12180
    Points : 18364
    Reputation : -25
    Registration date : 2008-08-23
    Age : 73
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Margaret Thatcher

    Post by papa_umau on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 10:33 am

    We actually agree on that initial suggestion.

    As far as our Ed pulling away from the unions is concerned; I don't think he DARE do such a thing as it is union money that keeps the Labour party afloat.

    He DID go through the motions of falling out with a couple of unions, but that was just a show for the Tories and for the people that were of the opinion that he, ( Miliband ), was a bought man.

    He probably is, but not so much that it is obvious.


    _________________
    Best of regards

    Papa......



    Parliament....
    General
    General

    Number of posts : 1623
    Points : 4794
    Reputation : -4
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

    Re: Margaret Thatcher

    Post by Parliament.... on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:09 pm

    hughh wrote:Papa I am neither left nor right. As far as I can see we have two right wing parties to choose from Conservatives and Labour and at this present time neither will get my vote. Its pretty clear Eds pulling away from the unions so he going to be looking to his rich mates for backing. UKIP will be a gamble but they certainly won't get number one spot. My feeling its going to be a coalition once again but this time with conservatives & UKIP
    Hughh, You supported Thatcher for your own personal gain, while your own country was being pillaged by her.

    You say you are a floating voter.

    What do you want to hear from any political party leader in order for you to put your faith in that party at the next G/E ?

    Ivanhoe ?
    avatar
    hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Number of posts : 586
    Points : 2137
    Reputation : 0
    Registration date : 2013-07-27
    Age : 77
    Location : rainworth

    Re: Margaret Thatcher

    Post by hughh on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:50 pm

    Very good argument regards to Ed Papa. Ed really needs to show what he is all about because at the moment even his back benchers are showing concern. Cameron still got to prove he is up to the job. At the moment I can see both leaders being removed before much longer
    avatar
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

    Number of posts : 12180
    Points : 18364
    Reputation : -25
    Registration date : 2008-08-23
    Age : 73
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Margaret Thatcher

    Post by papa_umau on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:37 pm

    I think Miliband is caught between a rock and a hard place at the moment as on the one hand he does not want to give away his plans for Britain during and after the election - yet - and on the other hand he does not want the British people to think that he has no ideas and is a non-event.

    I would not like to be in his shoes in the coming months, as this is a lose/lose situation for him.


    _________________
    Best of regards

    Papa......


    avatar
    hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Number of posts : 586
    Points : 2137
    Reputation : 0
    Registration date : 2013-07-27
    Age : 77
    Location : rainworth

    Re: Margaret Thatcher

    Post by hughh on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 3:45 pm

    I agree Eds not in a great position at the moment as you say, but he needs to show a bit more fighting spirit in PMs question time. He is running out of time and losing ground.
    avatar
    zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

    Number of posts : 2545
    Points : 6087
    Reputation : 97
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

    Re: Margaret Thatcher

    Post by zathrus on Thu 15 Aug 2013, 8:38 am

    And Thatcher, who this thread is about, was an evil old witch and just about everybody knows it.

    Ivanhoe is not the only person that hates that old crone.
    avatar
    hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Number of posts : 586
    Points : 2137
    Reputation : 0
    Registration date : 2013-07-27
    Age : 77
    Location : rainworth

    Re: Margaret Thatcher

    Post by hughh on Thu 15 Aug 2013, 11:04 am

    Your post is a very untrue statement I don't think so, so that rules out everyone. Unions they attack her and she won. You cannot blame her for bringing in privatisation that's what being right wing all about. If anyone should get your hate its Blaire he came to power under the Labour flag and continued with right wing policies and did not do a very good job of it.
    I have been on other forums where she was well thought of.

    Parliament....
    General
    General

    Number of posts : 1623
    Points : 4794
    Reputation : -4
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

    Re: Margaret Thatcher

    Post by Parliament.... on Thu 15 Aug 2013, 12:06 pm

    hughh wrote:Your post is a very untrue statement I don't think so, so that rules out everyone. Unions they attack her and she won. You cannot blame her for bringing in privatisation that's what being right wing all about. If anyone should get your hate its Blaire he came to power under the Labour flag and continued with right wing policies and did not do a very good job of it.
    I have been on other forums where she was well thought of.
    Hughh, You remind me of a Lib-Dem generally speaking, ie sitting on the fence with no fire in your belly.


    Ivanhoe
    avatar
    hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Number of posts : 586
    Points : 2137
    Reputation : 0
    Registration date : 2013-07-27
    Age : 77
    Location : rainworth

    Re: Margaret Thatcher

    Post by hughh on Thu 15 Aug 2013, 6:09 pm

    Blaire was and his one of the worst PMs we have ever had took us into two wars on a lie. Many families have lost their fathers children and many more will die before they are brought home. Iraq are they better off no. Afghan what will we leave behind not much because I believe the Taliban will take over once again. Disabled forces personnel will look back in horror. He as almost made England bankrupt but he's happy, he's now making £millions. Thatcher, she was an angel compared to him.
    avatar
    TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

    Number of posts : 486
    Points : 3712
    Reputation : 24
    Registration date : 2008-08-26
    Location : Obamanation

    Re: Margaret Thatcher

    Post by TuppenceHapenny on Thu 15 Aug 2013, 6:56 pm

    Ivanhoe wrote-"You write a load of bollocks Hughh."
    Pot Meet Kettle. Kettle meet pot.
    LOL.
    Tuppence
    avatar
    hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Number of posts : 586
    Points : 2137
    Reputation : 0
    Registration date : 2013-07-27
    Age : 77
    Location : rainworth

    Re: Margaret Thatcher

    Post by hughh on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:28 am

    Ivanhoe wrote:
    hughh wrote:Blaire was and his one of the worst PMs we have ever had took us into two wars on a lie. Many families have lost their fathers children and many more will die before they are brought home. Iraq are they better off no. Afghan what will we leave behind not much because I believe the Taliban will take over once again. Disabled forces personnel will look back in horror. He as almost made England bankrupt but he's happy, he's now making £millions. Thatcher, she was an angel compared to him.    
    You write a load of bollocks Hughh.

    Ivanhoe
    Its all true so just why is it a load off b-----ks Ivanhoe.

    I have always been on the wrong side of the fence regarding the labour party but could never vote for the conservative party. If it hadn't been for Margaret Thatcher party I would not now be living in my own modest home so I have a lot to thank her for. You are lucky to have a nice home on the south coast an area just out of reach on my income. In Scotland both labour and conservatives parties have been kick out so we should all give a serious thought who we vote for. My votes always wasted because labour will get in no matter what.

    Parliament....
    General
    General

    Number of posts : 1623
    Points : 4794
    Reputation : -4
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

    Re: Margaret Thatcher

    Post by Parliament.... on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:44 am

    hughh wrote:
    Ivanhoe wrote:
    hughh wrote:Blaire was and his one of the worst PMs we have ever had took us into two wars on a lie. Many families have lost their fathers children and many more will die before they are brought home. Iraq are they better off no. Afghan what will we leave behind not much because I believe the Taliban will take over once again. Disabled forces personnel will look back in horror. He as almost made England bankrupt but he's happy, he's now making £millions. Thatcher, she was an angel compared to him.    
    You write a load of bollocks Hughh.

    Ivanhoe
    Its all true so just why is it a load off b-----ks Ivanhoe.

    I have always been on the wrong side of the fence regarding the labour party but could never vote for the conservative party. If it hadn't been for Margaret Thatcher party I would not now be living in my own modest home so I have a lot to thank her for. You are lucky to have a nice home on the south coast an area just out of reach on my income. In Scotland both labour and conservatives parties have been kick out so we should all give a serious thought who we vote for. My votes always wasted because labour will get in no matter what.
    Hughh, you really do need to get out more and see what's happening around you. How long were you in the Navy for ?

    Ivanhoe
    avatar
    hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Number of posts : 586
    Points : 2137
    Reputation : 0
    Registration date : 2013-07-27
    Age : 77
    Location : rainworth

    Re: Margaret Thatcher

    Post by hughh on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 5:38 pm

    NO, I think you need to get out more. I live close to many pensioners, I also play golf with at least 60 pensioners every Tuesday (With Ramsdale Golf Centre Par 3 Club). One thing most members should have noticed you ask questions and never answer any. I have explained in detail why I liked and respected Margaret Thatcher but you have never gave a clear answer the reason you hate her so much.
    avatar
    hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Number of posts : 586
    Points : 2137
    Reputation : 0
    Registration date : 2013-07-27
    Age : 77
    Location : rainworth

    Re: Margaret Thatcher

    Post by hughh on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 7:04 pm

    Lets just get coal mine closure facts sorted out which many miners hate Margaret Thatcher for

    Under Harold Wilson and James Callaghan number of mines went down from 545 to 219
    Under Margaret Thatcher from 219 to 65
    These are facts which you can check up on. Tony Blaire carried on with the rest.

    avatar
    Admin
    Owner & Editor in Chief
    Owner & Editor in Chief

    Number of posts : 94
    Points : 3455
    Reputation : -2
    Registration date : 2008-08-19
    Age : 73
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Margaret Thatcher

    Post by Admin on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 9:51 am

    AS this topic is just going round in circles and getting nowhere but very personal I am going to lock it.


    _________________
    Best of regards.......

    Paul R.


    If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem !
    ( Eldridge Cleaver - Black civil-rights activist ).


    Sponsored content

    Re: Margaret Thatcher

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat 19 Aug 2017, 12:44 am