Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Hard times fuel frozen food boom.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Hard times fuel frozen food boom.

Post by papa_umau on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 12:42 pm

It was reported today that frozen food sales have boomed by 14 percent as hard-up families worked to cut waste and to save money.

A survey for The Co-op found that peas, cauliflower, sweetcorn, meat and Yorkshire puds were the most popular items.

Also, bargain ready-meals helped drive up demand and challenge the stigma once attached to frozen food.

A spokesman for the chain said: " Britain was returning to the money-saving habits of the 50s and 60s !"

Well, can we say that this is just another example of the levels of poverty that have been brought about by the draconian austerity programmes of this out-of-touch government ?

That is definitely what I believe !

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2685
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Hard times fuel frozen food boom.

Post by zathrus on Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:24 am

Who would be surprised by that ?

Not me, for one !

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 27 Jul 2013, 8:23 pm

papa_umau wrote:It was reported today that frozen food sales have boomed by 14 percent as hard-up families worked to cut waste and to save money.

A survey for The Co-op found that peas, cauliflower, sweetcorn, meat and Yorkshire puds were the most popular items.

Also, bargain ready-meals helped drive up demand and challenge the stigma once attached to frozen food.

A spokesman for the chain said: " Britain was returning to the money-saving habits of the 50s and 60s !"

Well, can we say that this is just another example of the levels of poverty that have been brought about by the draconian austerity programmes of this out-of-touch government ?

That is definitely what I believe !

This Tory lead coalition Government are not "out of touch". They know what they are doing. They just dont care.

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 28 Jul 2013, 12:29 pm

I do not understand why you cannot accept that they can both be "out of touch" with the needs of the British people AND also be "deliberate" in the ways that they deal with the same demographic.

One does not detract from the other !

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 28 Jul 2013, 12:48 pm

papa_umau wrote:I do not understand why you cannot accept that they can both be "out of touch" with the needs of the British people AND also be "deliberate" in the ways that they deal with the same demographic.

One does not detract from the other !

Papa, The Tory right wing are not "out of touch". They enjoy doing what they are doing, they are simply arrogant. They are similar in attitude to the Nazis during World War 2.

The trouble is that this is peace time, and the political correctness is deafening.

Ivan the mod' on "the other" site, has stressed the same, but with even more passion than myself.

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 28 Jul 2013, 1:13 pm

You still don't get it do you ?

They can BOTH be "out of touch" AND be "deliberate" in their actions. One does not diminish the other !

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 28 Jul 2013, 1:38 pm

papa_umau wrote:You still don't get it do you ?

They can BOTH be "out of touch" AND be "deliberate" in their actions. One does not diminish the other !

Papa, but I do get it. The Tory's are definately "in touch" and "deliberate". The only people who are "out of touch", and "incompetent", are some British people who simply dont understand what the real Tory agenda is about.

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 28 Jul 2013, 1:48 pm

So, to simplify it for you:

You are saying that such people cannot be deliberately "out of touch" ?

If you cannot see this then you are going to miss a lot of what goes on in politics.

One might even call such a situation as naive, but I would never say that. Evil or Very Mad

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Sun 28 Jul 2013, 1:58 pm

papa_umau wrote:So, to simplify it for you:

You are saying that such people cannot be deliberately "out of touch" ?

If you cannot see this then you are going to miss a lot of what goes on in politics.

One might even call such a situation as naive, but I would never say that. Evil or Very Mad

No of course you wouldnt, Papa lol.
    hughh
    Colonel
    Colonel

Number of posts : 586
    Registration date : 2013-07-27

Post by hughh on Sun 28 Jul 2013, 6:42 pm

As I have said many times FORGET the name of the party because it means nothing. All party leaders will be quite rich so you have to decide who you think will be the best PM. My feelings are B. Johnson lining him self up for the conservative leadership. The only reason Labour will not get my vote because our MP is Alan Meale a true fence sitter, always comes down on the winning side. They have made him a sir. He is now quite rich because he as a seat in the labour strong hold.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 29 Jul 2013, 12:16 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...............

I don't think that we can "completely" forget the name of the party as the name tells us what their base ethics are.

There has to be a line drawn somewhere in the sand to separate the parties so that we punters out here know what we are voting for when we lay our little crosses.

That said, I have to agree that when Tony Blair took Labour lurching over to the right with his New-Labour party he closed much of the gap in the ground separating the Labour party from the Tory party and that is why and how he managed to gather a lot of right-wing votes from the so-called "floating voters" in the electorate, which gave him three landslide victories.

All that said, I also agree that many politicans do their own thing and once in power they do not necessarily follow the code of ethics of the party they represent.

I guess that we all have either good or less than good relationships with our local political representatives and that will sadly always be the way that things go.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 17 Dec 2017, 7:39 pm