Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

    Labour to slash the cash for the rich pensioners.

    Share
    avatar
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

    Number of posts : 12653
    Points : 19257
    Reputation : -25
    Registration date : 2008-08-23
    Age : 73
    Location : Scotland

    Labour to slash the cash for the rich pensioners.

    Post by papa_umau on Mon 03 Jun 2013, 11:38 am

    A comment from Labour's Ed Balls said yesterday that when Labour get re-elected pensioners that have incomes of more than 42,000 will lose their winter fuel allowance.

    Balls said that funding schools and hospitals is more important than giving the fuel allowance to the wealthiest five percent of pensioners.

    He also said that free bus passes and and eye tests will NOT be hit if Labour win the next general election.




    Well said Ed, I have always said that extra benefits should not be paid to people who do not need them.

    What do you say ?


    _________________
    Best of regards

    Papa......



    Parliament....
    General
    General

    Number of posts : 1623
    Points : 4914
    Reputation : -4
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

    Re: Labour to slash the cash for the rich pensioners.

    Post by Parliament.... on Tue 04 Jun 2013, 10:00 pm

    papa_umau wrote:A comment from Labour's Ed Balls said yesterday that when Labour get re-elected pensioners that have incomes of more than 42,000 will lose their winter fuel allowance.

    Balls said that funding schools and hospitals is more important than giving the fuel allowance to the wealthiest five percent of pensioners.

    He also said that free bus passes and and eye tests will NOT be hit if Labour win the next general election.




    Well said Ed, I have always said that extra benefits should not be paid to people who do not need them.

    What do you say ?

    Papa, if labour do this i'll never vote Labour again. The Winter Fuel payment is paid because the State pension is not enough to live on. Pensioners richer or poor have paid for their pension and benefits in the past. This is not what I expect from a Labour Government.

    Ivanhoe
    avatar
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

    Number of posts : 12653
    Points : 19257
    Reputation : -25
    Registration date : 2008-08-23
    Age : 73
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Labour to slash the cash for the rich pensioners.

    Post by papa_umau on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:52 am

    No mate, the winter fuel payment is paid so that the poor pensioners can afford to heat AND eat at the same time.

    The rich pensioners, especialy those down in the warm South neither need it or in many cases want it.

    My favourite mantra is: NEED NOT GREED and in my opinion, that is a good value to live by.

    You, can please yourself.


    _________________
    Best of regards

    Papa......



    Parliament....
    General
    General

    Number of posts : 1623
    Points : 4914
    Reputation : -4
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

    Re: Labour to slash the cash for the rich pensioners.

    Post by Parliament.... on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 11:06 am

    papa_umau wrote:No mate, the winter fuel payment is paid so that the poor pensioners can afford to heat AND eat at the same time.

    The rich pensioners, especialy those down in the warm South neither need it or in many cases want it.

    My favourite mantra is: NEED NOT GREED and in my opinion, that is a good value to live by.

    You, can please yourself.

    No mate. The winter fuel payment is paid because the State pension is inadequate, there i've pleased myself.

    Ivanhoe
    avatar
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

    Number of posts : 12653
    Points : 19257
    Reputation : -25
    Registration date : 2008-08-23
    Age : 73
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Labour to slash the cash for the rich pensioners.

    Post by papa_umau on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 11:20 am

    You are astoundingly missing the point there.

    The "rich pensioners" that I speak of don't even need or want the state pension and many of them just use that money for throwing at incidentals.

    Yes, I agree that because they too paid into the national insurance scheme, they should get the basic state pension, BUT, as they do not need any more they should get NO MORE.

    This would release a lot of money to be spent more wisely for the people who really NEED it

    "NEED RATHER THAN GREED" once again.

    That is an argument that you are never going to win !


    _________________
    Best of regards

    Papa......



    Parliament....
    General
    General

    Number of posts : 1623
    Points : 4914
    Reputation : -4
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

    Re: Labour to slash the cash for the rich pensioners.

    Post by Parliament.... on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 11:43 am

    papa_umau wrote:You are astoundingly missing the point there.

    The "rich pensioners" that I speak of don't even need or want the state pension and many of them just use that money for throwing at incidentals.

    Yes, I agree that because they too paid into the national insurance scheme, they should get the basic state pension, BUT, as they do not need any more they should get NO MORE.

    This would release a lot of money to be spent more wisely for the people who really NEED it

    "NEED RATHER THAN GREED" once again.

    That is an argument that you are never going to win !

    Papa, What Ed Balls should be doing is re- linking the state pension to male average earnings or inflation whichever the higher as was set up by the Labour Government in the 70's, to protect the value of the basic state pension. The State pension should also be increased substantially so that the majority poorer pensioners do not have to apply for means tested handouts, or receive a Winter Fuel payment.

    We have had over 30 years of right wing Torysm running this country, including under New Labour. Its high time Labour went back to it's core values on everything, instead of this patchwork quilt job that you appear to be settling for, for some reason ??????

    Ivanhoe
    avatar
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

    Number of posts : 12653
    Points : 19257
    Reputation : -25
    Registration date : 2008-08-23
    Age : 73
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Labour to slash the cash for the rich pensioners.

    Post by papa_umau on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 11:16 am

    Ivanhoe wrote:
    papa_umau wrote:You are astoundingly missing the point there.

    The "rich pensioners" that I speak of don't even need or want the state pension and many of them just use that money for throwing at incidentals.

    Yes, I agree that because they too paid into the national insurance scheme, they should get the basic state pension, BUT, as they do not need any more they should get NO MORE.

    This would release a lot of money to be spent more wisely for the people who really NEED it



    "NEED RATHER THAN GREED" once again.

    That is an argument that you are never going to win !

    Papa, What Ed Balls should be doing is re- linking the state pension to male average earnings or inflation whichever the higher as was set up by the Labour Government in the 70's, to protect the value of the basic state pension. The State pension should also be increased substantially so that the majority poorer pensioners do not have to apply for means tested handouts, or receive a Winter Fuel payment.

    We have had over 30 years of right wing Torysm running this country, including under New Labour. Its high time Labour went back to it's core values on everything, instead of this patchwork quilt job that you appear to be settling for, for some reason ??????

    Ivanhoe

    You may be surprised at this but the Tories have already agreed to re-connect the state pension rate to average earnings instead of the inflation rate.

    Increasing the state pension "substantially" would be something that would be very difficult to finance in these days of massive cuts all round.

    Mind you it is a nice thing to have as something on your wish-list.

    I am "settling for" NOTHING; I am a realist and being one of those I know what is "realistic" and what is not.

    Do you ?


    _________________
    Best of regards

    Papa......



    Parliament....
    General
    General

    Number of posts : 1623
    Points : 4914
    Reputation : -4
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

    Re: Labour to slash the cash for the rich pensioners.

    Post by Parliament.... on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 11:50 am

    papa_umau wrote:
    Ivanhoe wrote:
    papa_umau wrote:You are astoundingly missing the point there.

    The "rich pensioners" that I speak of don't even need or want the state pension and many of them just use that money for throwing at incidentals.

    Yes, I agree that because they too paid into the national insurance scheme, they should get the basic state pension, BUT, as they do not need any more they should get NO MORE.

    This would release a lot of money to be spent more wisely for the people who really NEED it



    "NEED RATHER THAN GREED" once again.

    That is an argument that you are never going to win !

    Papa, What Ed Balls should be doing is re- linking the state pension to male average earnings or inflation whichever the higher as was set up by the Labour Government in the 70's, to protect the value of the basic state pension. The State pension should also be increased substantially so that the majority poorer pensioners do not have to apply for means tested handouts, or receive a Winter Fuel payment.

    We have had over 30 years of right wing Torysm running this country, including under New Labour. Its high time Labour went back to it's core values on everything, instead of this patchwork quilt job that you appear to be settling for, for some reason ??????

    Ivanhoe

    You may be surprised at this but the Tories have already agreed to re-connect the state pension rate to average earnings instead of the inflation rate.

    Increasing the state pension "substantially" would be something that would be very difficult to finance in these days of massive cuts all round.

    Mind you it is a nice thing to have as something on your wish-list.

    I am "settling for" NOTHING; I am a realist and being one of those I know what is "realistic" and what is not.

    Do you ?

    "Realistically", this country is very rich. Why are we taking money from richer pensioners. ?. Why arent we taking money from our MP's who dont need their perks and allowances on a 60 + thousands a year income.??????????
    avatar
    zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

    Number of posts : 2685
    Points : 6347
    Reputation : 97
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

    Re: Labour to slash the cash for the rich pensioners.

    Post by zathrus on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 12:15 pm

    What are you on about ?

    Why do you always seem to want to protect the rich at the expense of the poor ?

    You have all the qualities required to make a very good Tory.

    You go on about the rich MPs, but the rich are the rich wherever they come from.

    Maybe you need to get your priorities sorted out ?

    Parliament....
    General
    General

    Number of posts : 1623
    Points : 4914
    Reputation : -4
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

    Re: Labour to slash the cash for the rich pensioners.

    Post by Parliament.... on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 12:46 pm

    zathrus wrote:What are you on about ?

    Why do you always seem to want to protect the rich at the expense of the poor ?

    You have all the qualities required to make a very good Tory.

    You go on about the rich MPs, but the rich are the rich wherever they come from.

    Maybe you need to get your priorities sorted out ?

    Read my posting again zathrus.

    Ivanhoe
    avatar
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

    Number of posts : 12653
    Points : 19257
    Reputation : -25
    Registration date : 2008-08-23
    Age : 73
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Labour to slash the cash for the rich pensioners.

    Post by papa_umau on Fri 07 Jun 2013, 11:54 am

    Take it easy you two !

    I guess that we have to carefully read what is written and spoken about before we start to attack.

    At least, that is how I do it !


    _________________
    Best of regards

    Papa......



    Parliament....
    General
    General

    Number of posts : 1623
    Points : 4914
    Reputation : -4
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

    Re: Labour to slash the cash for the rich pensioners.

    Post by Parliament.... on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 2:16 pm

    zathrus wrote:What are you on about ?

    Why do you always seem to want to protect the rich at the expense of the poor ?

    You have all the qualities required to make a very good Tory.

    You go on about the rich MPs, but the rich are the rich wherever they come from.

    Maybe you need to get your priorities sorted out ?

    zathrus, I believe in all pensioners richer or poor, receiving either a much higher State pension as is their right, or a continued meagre State pension and means tested, with non means tested allowances, is the Winter Fuel payment.

    Our pensioners have already paid for their pensions and benefits. They have a right to them. For the richer, the tax system should take more from them to equal it all out.

    Ivanhoe

    Parliament....
    General
    General

    Number of posts : 1623
    Points : 4914
    Reputation : -4
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

    Re: Labour to slash the cash for the rich pensioners.

    Post by Parliament.... on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 2:18 pm

    papa_umau wrote:Take it easy you two !

    I guess that we have to carefully read what is written and spoken about before we start to attack.

    At least, that is how I do it !

    ""I guess that we have to carefully read what is written and spoken about before we start to attack".

    I always do Papa. Sadly, others do not.

    Ivanhoe

    Sponsored content

    Re: Labour to slash the cash for the rich pensioners.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 1:36 am