Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

TAX AVOIDANCE.... The great rot ?

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12466
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

TAX AVOIDANCE.... The great rot ?

Post by papa_umau on Sun 12 May 2013, 12:08 pm

The G7 group of industrialised nations have agreed that there must be collective action against tax evasion and avoidance, the UK's finance minister has said.

Chancellor George Osborne said after the talks that it was "incredibly important" that firms and individuals paid the tax they owed.

Read more on this article HERE

The thing is, ( ever the old cynic ). Can we believe what these people, including our illustrious Chancellor, are saying at this G7 summit when we know that many of those that are speaking at this meeting are bankrolled by the exact-same ones that they are attacking as "tax-avoiders and evaders"

After all, surely it is only human nature that the ones with money might want to hang on to as much of it as they can for as long as they can.

If there is not any specific legislation delivered that might stop this bad habit from happening then surely it is all of the Western and Capitalistic governments that are responsible for allowing this now-common practice to continue to happen.

Anybody ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: TAX AVOIDANCE.... The great rot ?

Post by zathrus on Thu 16 May 2013, 11:29 am

Mealy-mouthed git !

Not you Paps, Osborne. Surprised

As I see it, so long as it is not illegal then good luck to them I say.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 17 May 2013, 1:06 pm

I really have to agree to an extent, but I think that it is just too easy for them to do that.

Tax avoidance could be made much harder to do if any of the governments were to tighten up the taxation rules.

Everybody in finance knows what and where these loop-holes are and how to apply them and it would be a comparatively easy task to close these loopholes if the desire from government was there.

It has never been and that is why and how they keep on doing it.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2510
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sun 19 May 2013, 11:46 am

You need to have a decent income before you even consider tax avoidance.

I don't think that will ever be something that I might be interested in.

Yeah okay, pleading poverty again, I know. Twisted Evil
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 20 May 2013, 12:03 pm

The real twist in this tale is that it is only the ones who are already very rich that can afford the expensive accountants that know all about the tax-avoidance loopholes and how to exploit them.

The ordinary workers getting their income-tax taken at source via the PAYE system have no access to these tax-avoidance tricks and loop-holes.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 23 May 2013, 11:45 am

They are supposed to be talking seriously about this at the G8 summit right now, but call me a monkey's uncle and feed me peanuts if anything comes out of this talking shop for the rich.

Most if not all of the delegates at this summit will be the exact ones who are hiding their money from their tax-man in this manner.

Hypocrites, all of them.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 24 May 2013, 11:56 am

That's a bit harsh Zath'.

Mind you I am sure that SOME of them will be like that.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Post by Parliament.... on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 2:11 pm

papa_umau wrote:The G7 group of industrialised nations have agreed that there must be collective action against tax evasion and avoidance, the UK's finance minister has said.

Chancellor George Osborne said after the talks that it was "incredibly important" that firms and individuals paid the tax they owed.

Read more on this article HERE

The thing is, ( ever the old cynic ). Can we believe what these people, including our illustrious Chancellor, are saying at this G7 summit when we know that many of those that are speaking at this meeting are bankrolled by the exact-same ones that they are attacking as "tax-avoiders and evaders"

After all, surely it is only human nature that the ones with money might want to hang on to as much of it as they can for as long as they can.

If there is not any specific legislation delivered that might stop this bad habit from happening then surely it is all of the Western and Capitalistic governments that are responsible for allowing this now-common practice to continue to happen.

Anybody ?

""TAX AVOIDANCE.... The great rot ?"". I would rename the heading to.... TAX AVOIDENCE........The "other great" PR stunt.....to take our minds off the real agenda, that of reducing the roll of the State and the welfare State under cover of reducing the deficit, in favour of privatisation and charities because the Tories dont believe in the State, or the welfare State.

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 09 Jun 2013, 11:40 am

You really have got yourself into a never-ending downward spiral Ivanhoe, haven't you ?

Just about every discussion that is made here, according to you, comes down to that mantra of yours.

People and politics are much more complex than you always seem to indicate and tarring everybody and every view with that broad brush kills debate stone dead.

Maybe you should try to see past that sloganeering if you really want to understand what drives the passions of most political people.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 7:12 am