Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Six energy firms being investigated.....

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11927
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Six energy firms being investigated.....

Post by papa_umau on Thu 02 May 2013, 11:14 am

The energy regulator is investigating six suppliers, saying they have failed to meet their targets on providing consumers with efficiency measures.

Ofgem said that while the sector had achieved 99% of energy efficiency targets set by the Government, some firms had not met their obligations to customers.

It named British Gas, Drax, Scottish Power and SSE as among the companies which had missed the targets, aimed at helping households lower their energy bills and reduce carbon emissions.

Under the measures, energy suppliers were obliged to provide customers, and in particular vulnerable consumers such as people on low incomes or the elderly, with insulation for their lofts and walls and to replace inefficient boilers.

Read more about this from Sky News HERE.

I found a weakness in the ways that some of these energy companies were trying to get this FREE service into the homes of vulnerable people that needed such help !

It appeared that many of these companies were making this efficiency measure look like a sales gimmick and they were putting off people that should have been taking up these free offers.

Maybe they just don't know HOW to talk to consumers without looking like profiteers any more ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2488
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Six energy firms being investigated.....

Post by zathrus on Fri 03 May 2013, 11:59 am

Hell mend the lot of em I say !

Greedy buggers. Mad
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 10 May 2013, 10:58 am

Yes Zath', many people will think me to be paranoid and cynical about such subjects, but I think that it is good for the ordinary consumer to get paranoid and cynical at times.

We must never take for granted what these profit-driven beasts tell us, as if we do we will find that we are abused at every turn.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2368
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 11 May 2013, 12:45 pm

It's about time that these companies were brought to book by some government, and I know that this government will NEVER attack the companies that they consider to be friends.

Ed Miliband and the next Labour government are going to have a lot to do to make repairs to the damage that has been done by the cruel and care-nought Tories and their Lib-Dem pals.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 12 May 2013, 11:42 am

What I find interesting is that after all of the negative publicity that these energy companies have had piled on their heads recently they CONTINUE to keep ripping off their customers.

One would think that after a while they might catch on and try to build a positive rapport with their customers.

Maybe they are just blinded by the brightness reflected off all of those golden profits eh ?

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 22 Jun 2017, 12:51 pm