Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The UKIP party will show their worth ?

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12180
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

The UKIP party will show their worth ?

Post by papa_umau on Wed 01 May 2013, 11:05 am

As England Wales and Ireland go to the polls tomorrow to elect local governments I think we are going to see a strong indication afterwards of how people are going to vote in the 2015 general election.

Such local elections are always times when the people take the opportunity to protest outwith the times when they can actually vote on national elections, and tomorrow is not going to be any different.

The future of the UKIP party:

There is no doubt that the UKIP party are a party of opportunists and a party that is mostly based on protest votes, and tomorrow will tell us if UKIP are truly going to be the fourth or even the third power after the Lib-Dems burn out spectacularly.

HERE is an indication of how things might go tomorrow from a writer in The Independent newspaper.

I am looking forward to the results of these local elections with great interest....Are you ?

Last edited by papa_umau on Fri 10 May 2013, 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

UKIP

Post by Technician on Thu 02 May 2013, 5:14 pm

Hi All,

Well Paps, you are probably correct. I think a lot of people will give UKIP the vote in a protest action. I have alredy been to my local station !

The issue is that UKIP have a lot more going for them than the detractors think. Whatever else one thinks of Nigel Farage he is a galvanising speaker, and of course its not just UKIP that think the EU is a busted flush.

There is growing concern and resenttment in many once 'solid' EU countries that they have gone too far; and that democracy is being sidelined for the sake of the 'European project'. Cyprus was a defining moment when many realised that your own money could be 'stolen' to prop up this dream !!.

I know one thing the Tories are more concerned than they are letting on. Whichever, it will be interesting. As a side I just got back from Anglesey this morning and if you beleive the hype signs for Plaid Cymru seem plastered all over the ruddy place; so it will be interesting to see how they do !!

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Re: The UKIP party will show their worth ?

Post by papa_umau on Fri 03 May 2013, 11:06 am

Hi again Technician; as gentlemen we are just going to have to beg to differ on the subject of UKIP and Europe.

There is no doubt that UKIP under the brilliant leadership of Nigel Farage has grown apace of latter months, but, we always come back to the thought that the UKIP party IS a party of protest and a one-trick pony and even if Farage is a strong and charismatic person, his party is kidding us on if they try to persuade us that it stands for anything other than the problems with immigration and with Europe.

I am sure that after the general election, when UKIP have won no more than a very few seats they will simply slide back into fourth place and the two party system will be back in vogue.

Having said that, it is worth mentioning what happened in the seat left vacant by the resignation of David Miliband.

See a full posting on this subject written by me today on THIS sub-forum.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1623
    Registration date : 2009-09-29

Post by Parliament.... on Tue 07 May 2013, 2:41 pm

Technician wrote:Hi All,

Well Paps, you are probably correct. I think a lot of people will give UKIP the vote in a protest action. I have alredy been to my local station !

The issue is that UKIP have a lot more going for them than the detractors think. Whatever else one thinks of Nigel Farage he is a galvanising speaker, and of course its not just UKIP that think the EU is a busted flush.

There is growing concern and resenttment in many once 'solid' EU countries that they have gone too far; and that democracy is being sidelined for the sake of the 'European project'. Cyprus was a defining moment when many realised that your own money could be 'stolen' to prop up this dream !!.

I know one thing the Tories are more concerned than they are letting on. Whichever, it will be interesting. As a side I just got back from Anglesey this morning and if you beleive the hype signs for Plaid Cymru seem plastered all over the ruddy place; so it will be interesting to see how they do !!

Technician

Hi Technician, do you actually know what the 'European project' is ?

Ivanhoe

Last edited by Ivanhoe on Wed 08 May 2013, 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 08 May 2013, 10:47 am

If I may say so, that is a very cheeky question !

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Wed 08 May 2013, 10:52 am

papa_umau wrote:If I may say so, that is a very cheeky question !

If I may say so, it's a darn fair question. I am looking forward to an answer.

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 08 May 2013, 11:02 am

Combatative questions like that are what drive people away from websites like this.

A more gentlemanly approach would be to take for granted that if the person uses the phrase, they know what it means.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Wed 08 May 2013, 11:37 am

papa_umau wrote:Combatative questions like that are what drive people away from websites like this.

A more gentlemanly approach would be to take for granted that if the person uses the phrase, they know what it means.

Oh I'm a gentleman alright Papa. I am challenging Technician because I literally do not think he knows what it means. If someone said the same to me in passing on the street, I would politically ask them the very same question.

Ivanhoe
    zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 09 May 2013, 11:55 am

Maybe that is why you don't have many friends and you have been banned from so many sites.

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Thu 09 May 2013, 12:48 pm

zathrus wrote:Maybe that is why you don't have many friends and you have been banned from so many sites.

A bit below the belt that zathrus, but then that's the cowardly way for some it seems.

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 10 May 2013, 11:08 am

The use of barbs in online debate is a two way street Ivanhoe. If you dish it out, you should be able to handle it when you get it back.

That is why I think that gentlemanly-conduct by all is a good way to go online.

NOW... back to the topic please.

Papa......

Parliament....
    General
    General

Post by Parliament.... on Fri 10 May 2013, 11:17 am

papa_umau wrote:The use of barbs in online debate is a two way street Ivanhoe. If you dish it out, you should be able to handle it when you get it back.

That is why I think that gentlemanly-conduct by all is a good way to go online.

NOW... back to the topic please.

Papa, since when have I ever "hit below the belt" ?

Ivanhoe
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 10 May 2013, 12:13 pm

I guess that that is in the eye of the beholder and if it cannot already be seen then it never will be.

I also guess that that is why moderators are required on all websites that are not given over to anarchy.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 19 Aug 2017, 12:42 am