Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

A Tory MP pulls up the rip-off supermarkets.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12079
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

A Tory MP pulls up the rip-off supermarkets.

Post by papa_umau on Wed 01 May 2013, 10:49 am

Now there's something new and surprising !

Families are being ripped off by dodgy supermarket promotions and shrinking food packaging, a Tory MP says today, as she called for new fines against misleading companies.

Laura Sandys, a Tory MP for South Thanet and a ministerial aide, called on the Government to bring in bigger fines on companies that do not present a true picture of their products to consumers.

She cited crisps, chocolate bars and beefburgers as examples of foods that have recently been shrunk - without the price falling as well.

Promotions can also be a way of "disguising price rises and hiding product changes", she said, especially in a time of inflation.

"What really worries me is that consumers are just absorbing inflation without knowing about it," Ms Sandys said.

Read the full story from the Telegraph HERE.

Well, all I can say is "good for her, and good for the Torygraph", as it is refreshing to find a Tory MP and a Tory-supporting newspaper that are not afraid - at times - to hammer the rip-off merchants out there.

I guess it is true that not all Tories, and Tory tomes, are company-loving and rip-off supporting millionaires after all.

Do you agree ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2520
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: A Tory MP pulls up the rip-off supermarkets.

Post by zathrus on Fri 03 May 2013, 11:34 am

Well mate, not all of the time, but, I think you can safely say that the general support given by these people is well over to the right when any Tory politican or Tory newspaper normally do their struff.

Do not be lulled into any false sense of security by seeing such aberrant behaviour.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12079
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sat 04 May 2013, 11:44 am

I DO see what you are getting at Zath', but be sure that I am NOT getting lulled into any "false sense of security", just because these particular ducks are barking instead of quacking. Evil or Very Mad

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017, 1:32 am