Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Is North Korea cutting it's own throat ?

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12115
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Is North Korea cutting it's own throat ?

Post by papa_umau on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 11:41 am

An electric cable running from South Korea to North Korea has been cut by North Korea so that the 123 South Korean-owned factories that were working in this previously demilitarised zone can no longer employ the 53,000 North Korean and 200 South Korean workers that were employed there.

North Korea suspended work at this "Kaesong complex" last week as it stepped up its threats of war over new sanctions imposed after its third nuclear test in February, snuffing out the last remnant of cooperation between the neighbours.

If you want to read more about this please click on the Reuters link HERE.

I know that this is happening very far away from Britain, but are any of you worried at all about this latest development and do you think that China, ( North Korea's ally ), should be doing more to stop the warmongering rhetoric that is coming from the sabre-rattling leaders of this failed country ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2527
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Is North Korea cutting it's own throat ?

Post by zathrus on Thu 18 Apr 2013, 11:18 am

Sounds about right I think.

That nutcase of a president has to keep doing things like this so that he can maintain control of the army generals.

I do not think for a minute that North Korea actually wants a nuclear war as they know that they could not survive such a catastrophy.

Something tells me that China will be smacking a few bottoms In North Korea so that Kim Jong Un might behave himself a bit better.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 19 Apr 2013, 12:19 pm

I hope so Zath' 'cos China is just getting used to the pleasures that Capitalism brings it and I am sure that they do not want this particular apple-cart tipped over by some crazy North-Korean dictator.

Papa......

Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

Post by Technician on Sat 20 Apr 2013, 1:31 pm

Hi all,

I think Zath is right, China will be getting pretty p***ed off with North Korea. I can't claim to understand the military issues here, its just not my area. However to an untrained observer as I am I think that the Korean leadership must be out of their tiny minds to threaten a nuclear conflict.

One observer noted that it is in contravention of Human Rights and old 'Kim' could find himself banged up in the Hague in the future. More to the point they should realise the whole country will be 'toast' if they attack the USA.....A complete bunch of nutters, but dangerous ones at that.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 21 Apr 2013, 12:23 pm

Potentially "dangerous" they certainly are, but I am sure that they will quietly pay attention to what China is saying to them as they know that China is the only worth-while ally they have left.

I actually do not envy the job that young Kim Jong Un has to do as he is caught between a rock and a hard place where he has to sound fierce to keep his generals on side but he has to watch that his war-mongering rhetoric does not trigger a real war that would totally ruin his country and with it the "Kim" dynasty.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 28 Jul 2017, 6:03 pm