Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Police Chief "gross misconduct".

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2488
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Police Chief "gross misconduct".

Post by zathrus on Fri 29 Mar 2013, 12:36 pm

'Gross misconduct' – but police watchdog still won’t throw the book at Hillsborough police chief Sir Norman Bettison

One of Britain’s most senior police officers, who was severely criticised for his role in the aftermath of the Hillsborough disaster, abused his position and would have faced dismissal for gross misconduct if he had not quit with his full pension, the police watchdog has found.

I think it is ridiculous that high-up people like this can escape prosecution by simply taking retirement early, and yet, we hear about this get-our clause being used just about every day.

I get so angry about incidences like this that I actually broke a pencil when I read that. Evil or Very Mad

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11956
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Police Chief "gross misconduct".

Post by papa_umau on Sat 30 Mar 2013, 12:03 pm

That's an excellent thread-start Zath' as it is very true that many people at the top of both the inside and outside of the essential services never get sacked even if they should be and would be if they were employed at the level that most people are.

To be allowed to take early retirement so as to miss out on the full force of the law is not only unfair, but it is in fact criminal in itself.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2377
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 30 Mar 2013, 1:02 pm

Another indication I think of the maxim that: "There are rules for those, and there are rules for such as those !"

No wonder the ordinary people feel that they are getting the nasty end of the stick all of the time.

Gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!! Mad
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11956
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 31 Mar 2013, 12:10 pm

Maybe the next government will sort out this bleeding sore as they bring this polarisation of chances in life a bit narrower ?

I have been waiting for a long time for some enlightened government to sort out this inequality and if it is not done soon we are going to find that Britain will start to look like some banana republic, with only the very rich and the very poor - and nothing in between - occupying the British isles.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 28 Jun 2017, 1:16 am