Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Ed Miliband's brother David to quit politics.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Ed Miliband's brother David to quit politics.

Post by papa_umau on Wed 27 Mar 2013, 12:03 pm

It was reported today that tomorrow, Ed Miliband's brother David will stun parliament by stepping down as an MP in order to take up a "dream" job in America with a New York charity.

It is known in political circles that David Miliband was terribly disappointed to not be elected to the Labour leadership in favour of his brother Ed and as he will always be in his brother's shadow he has thought better of a continued career in British politics.

As I see it this can only be a good thing as David Miliband was well known to be a Blairite and was part of the now-diminishing Blairite and New-Labour enclave in the Labour party.

Ed Miliband has spoken regularly that he does not want to resurrect the days of New-Labour as this scheme is now so badly devalued that it would do harm to the re-introduction of a Labour party based on the true vision of the original Labour movement.

Now lets see Ed Balls, ( as one of the few remaining New-Labourites in this renewed Labour party ), also getting the heave from Ed miliband's shadow cabinet.

Papa......

bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2012-11-28

Re: Ed Miliband's brother David to quit politics.

Post by bowsertoad on Thu 28 Mar 2013, 12:42 pm

Personally, I think Ed Rubberband is sighing in relief of this news. Though he is the leader of the labour party, he will always live in the shadow of Dave until he quit the back benches.

You do feel though it is a defeatist attitude has lead to this decision (as well as a ridiculous paycheck)

In relation to Balls, I like the guy, I would have voted for him in a local election, though at the time it was Clegg who I choose, it wont be this time round. I will vote for Blunkett if he runs again

As a Labour voter Paps, do you think it is the final piece of getting rid of the regime put in place by Brown and Blair? or do you think that it is a loss to the party.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 28 Mar 2013, 12:52 pm

I have always believed that when the New-Labour party lurched over to the right to get more ex-Tory votes under Blair the heart of the party was damaged.

This was basically why they lost the election that allowed the Tories back in with their Lib-Dem lackies drawing up the rear.

If Ed Miliband, without the New-Labour influence of his brother David and Ed Balls, DOES take the Labour party back to it's roots I can see a government where the ordinary people of Britain will once again have a fairly good representative in place.

I guess we will not know about that until all of the votes have been counted in 2015.

Last edited by papa_umau on Fri 29 Mar 2013, 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

bowsertoad
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2012-11-28

Post by bowsertoad on Thu 28 Mar 2013, 1:03 pm

well, unless the parliament is dissolved (unlikely) or the Lib dems pull out of the coalition (equally as unlikely).

Ed rubberband is a bit of a throwback to the days of John Smith and Niel Kinnock, I think he will do a good job for the labour party, I dont however think he will be the next Labour Prime minister
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 29 Mar 2013, 12:05 pm

Got to disagree there Bowsie, as even if Ed Miliband will not be half the politician or statesman that Blair was, I do think that he will be safe in the Labour leadership role and will have automatic selection as the next Prime Minister if Labour win the election in 2015.

How long he holds on to that post is anybody's guess as he will be expected to perform at a very high rate of success in his first couple of years. He might not be up to this as - as I already said - he is still an "unknown quantity".

Even if he is half the man that John Smith was, I think he will be doing very well.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 18 Dec 2017, 5:02 am