Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Food packs shrink but the cost rises.....

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12180
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Food packs shrink but the cost rises.....

Post by papa_umau on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 12:34 pm

This phenomenon is one I have talked about many times before but it is good to actually see it printed in black and white so that we can constantly be reminded about how the marketeers seek to con us day in and day out.

Here's the latest:

A study by consumer magazine Which? has showed that they are still "at it" as they have always been.

Which? found that big brands like Birds Eye are shrinking their product size while they are putting up the prices on these reduced products. The study found that a 16 pack of Original beef-burgers had been cut by 25 percent, to just twelve but the cost had gone up from 3.98 to 4.29.

Other household names like Walkers crisps, Patak's cooking sauces, and Bassetts Liquorice Allsorts, have also been hit by this shrinkage without a commensurate price drop.

Find out more about these "shrinking products" from Which? HERE

Last edited by papa_umau on Fri 22 Mar 2013, 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

Technician
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Number of posts : 390
    Registration date : 2011-03-08

Re: Food packs shrink but the cost rises.....

Post by Technician on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 10:46 pm

Hi all,

Yes Paps, a very good point. We see this greed all over these days. These companies must think we are idiots if folks don't notice. Thing is , what I do is just not buy the product.

Some say its just cutting off your nose to spite your face, but they can stuff the product where the sun don't shine. There are always alternatives, and if enough people did it they would soon suffer.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 22 Mar 2013, 12:00 pm

You are dead right there Technician, as if more people boycotted these greedy supermarkets they would very quickly catch on and stop doing things like this.

Many shoppers have already voted with their feet and started to shop with the likes of Aldi and Lidl and the big half-dozen know this very well.

I only wish that the majority of shoppers would stop doing it for convenience and laziness and instead do it for the sake of their pockets and wallets and purses.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2423
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 23 Mar 2013, 12:23 pm

Thanks for the info Papa, but being the one who does all of the shopping, I have been well aware about this fiddle for a very long time.

I too have moved my main shop away from Tesco, ( who I used to shop from ), to Aldi. This move has saved me a small fortune.

Mind you, even in Aldi you have to be sharp as they have a few marketing tricks that they use too.

Shopping is now beginning to look like war instead of an experience I used to really love to take part in.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 24 Mar 2013, 11:58 am

Thanks Angie !

Another one I noticed today that fits that latest rip-off is the price of a Yorkie bar, as recently it too has shrunk in size and stayed at the same price.

Do these marketing idiots not realise that we NOTICE these acts ?

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 18 Aug 2017, 3:25 pm